ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone stolen... what can I do?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Unfortunately stolen from me in lovely old London... anyway I got the number blocked straight away. I logged into Find My iPhone online and it wouldn't trace it? Maybe he through the SIM already, I tried adding a keycode and remote wipe but it just says pending, has done for 48 hours now. Is it worth changing my Apple password?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
antoine_dodson_hide_your_kids_hide_your_wife_hide_your_kids-s795x799-83731-jpg.4394

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Wouldn't most thieves turn the phone off straight away anyway? Making FMi redundant?

I think not because what if I had a password upon turning the phone on again? I didn't unfortunately... however my phone was tether jailbroken so if he did turn it off, he wouldn't be able to turn it on again without plugging it into a computer and running redsn0w :)

It's a shame you can take the SIM out without moving the battery, stupid Apple!

LY 182
Obvious question, have you insured the phone?

If the answer is no, then a further question would be why the hell not?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yes it's on my home insurance (f**k paying Orange £12 p/m!) already enquired and I just have to pay a £50 excess which isn't too terrible.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Maybe £50 for the excess, but will they f**k you over come renewal time?

Just buy the iPhone 4 outright. ;)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I don't pay the house insurance anyway... love you mum :approve:

At least I can get an iPhone 4S out of it I suppose. Wanted the 32Gb but an extra £100! Really not sure it's worth it.