ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod ONLY Headunit?

1.2L 16V Campus Spor
I know a while back, Fusion made a HU that was iPod only, no CD drive, instead, behind the faceplate, was a iPod dock, hiding the iPod from view.

Is there anything like this in the current market? For not too much money <£200?

I'm just so fed up with having the iPod lead hanging out my HU!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Alpine ipod units are great, cant speak for others but never had a problem with mine

I've got an Alpine HU with Ipod connection that I've had since my first car over 3 years ago, still works as perfectly as the day I bought it. The Ipod connection feeds through to the glovebox, plug it in, shut the glovebox and control the Ipod via the headunit, top bit of kit.

Nimbus R27
Try and go for the colour screen version as they look very nice! Either the Ida-x100 or the Ida-x305. As above, I also have one and they are superb!

E85 3.0i
I've got an IDA X-001 which has been superb, also have the bluetooth unit for it which is good when it works but can be temperamental...

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
I had the IDA-X100. Very good unit. Highly recommended!

Simple and easy to navigate through all of the iPod menus. Can keep the iPod locked away and out of sight.. Perfect!

Regret getting rid now :(

Listerine & Poledo
Alpine are lass kit.

I use a normal CD-unit with an iPod input.
Got a USB and iPod connector in the glovebox, works a treat.

Oh, you can also keep your dash-top display working wqith Alpine stuff too if you get the correct lead, don't know about others.