ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is 182FF really worth the extra

The only real difference I have seen from what I read is the suspension are they really worth the extra money for just that I don't see any gains from the front and rear spoilers and different coloured wheels other than cosmetic. Please correct me if im completely wrong though or have missed something.

260% JCW
I'm no 182 Einstein but i'm sure the cup packed 182's have slightly stiffer suspension and some other bits, not just looks. Try the search button dude.

Either way, my money i'd be going for a 172cup or Trophy> Normal 1*2.

Don't think you read my question im not asking what the extras are im asking are they really worth the extra dollar.

DB.

BMW 440i
The coloured alloys are not worth it, nor the suspension IMO.

The spoiler and splitter add something to the car though, price them up away from the car and see what the difference is. Base your decision on that, as they can be added at a later date.

are they really worth the extra dollar.

the price difference between a FF and regular 182 (looking at the current market) is so diminutive it's not something one would consider. It would make more sense if you asked if a 197 worth the extra as the difference would be a few K rather than a few hundred. Most 182's regardless of spec, apart from the trophy usually fall into the same price bracket anyway. ( 3 - 5k )

Last edited:
  260% JCW
I don't see any gains from the front and rear spoilers and different coloured wheels other than cosmetic. Please correct me if im completely wrong though or have missed something.

Don't think you read my question im not asking what the extras are im asking are they really worth the extra dollar.

I was letting you know that it's not just cosmetic, as asked :clown:.

Last edited by a moderator:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say it is, especially once you consider the interior extras. I hate miss match 182s, everyone should have been a FF.

Wow. The newbie has a short temper. Use the search button if you don't like the replies to your initial post.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yes it's worth it. It's a better standard setup. The option wasn't expensive from new anyway so It won't be mega different.

However If you want to modify the suspension then go for a non cup pack as there is far more choice in the way of coilovers/springs/dampers because it uses the 172 bolt spacing.

SQ5
This thread definitely proves the influx of "I'll ask an opinion, not listen to it, then get angry when I really should of listened to it" idiots.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd say it is, especially once you consider the interior extras. I hate miss match 182s, everyone should have been a FF.

There is no interior difference between a normal 182 and a 182 with cup packs???

Megane 225 F1
Depends if you want to put coilovers on. If you do, there are limited choice for the cup suspension 182s. You have to pay top dolla for the better types of coilovers (which IMO you should be doing if you're buying coilovers anyway).

Megane 225 F1
The more times we say it, the more likely he will listen?

I'm turning a new leaf. More helpful than offensive.

RB 182 FF
The only real difference I have seen from what I read is the suspension are they really worth the extra money for just that I don't see any gains from the front and rear spoilers and different coloured wheels other than cosmetic. Please correct me if im completely wrong though or have missed something.

I'm of the opinion that ff doesn't need anything upgrading out of the box, if I had a non 'cupped' I would be considering if I were missing something.

Mk1 Focus RS
For me i always wanted a FF so i didnt mind paying extra for one.

it all depends what you want i.e. better suspension and different cosmetic looks, its down to personal preference especially if its just going to be used for everyday driving you wont notice much difference i dont think.

Megane 225 F1
The only better cosmetic look about the FF is the cup spoiler which you can buy any time. Cup splitter can be replaced with a skoda spliter for a 10th of the cost and silver wheels > anthracite.

Listerine & Poledo
Maybe the spoiler pack is a bit pointless, but if you want to be a road warrior without spending extra on coiliez etc then the suspension pack would make sense.

If you just want a good a-b car with some toys and refinement, a vanilla 182 is sufficent.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The only better cosmetic look about the FF is the cup spoiler which you can buy any time. Cup splitter can be replaced with a skoda spliter for a 10th of the cost and silver wheels > anthracite.

I don't like the cup spoiler. Didn't spec it on mine.

I have gone for a standard 182 bought it this morning pick it up tomorrow figured im going to be using it for a to b and occasional spirited country drives its going to be enough.

Listerine & Poledo
yep, you'll be fine with that.

resist teh urge to ruin it with aftermarket bolt-on tat, and it'll be a good cruiser, with b-road capability if ever needed

RB 182 FF
There's some right knobs on this forum, just take note of the useful replies and ignore the tosh. Just aim to get a FF 182 as you get more for your money! If you have a beer belly the cup versions already have the weight savings cancelled out... Total waste of time as far as I can see!

Clio 182 arctic
Yes but getting another spoiler then painting, getting wheels painted anthracite. Then a splitter on top. Plus some better springs etc (leaving out the hubs and slightly wider track) to effectively turn it into a FF. surely this is going to cost more than just buying a FF in the first place.

Yeah cheers guys its done will get pics up once I have it. Aftermarket tat is a no no from me too old for all that stuff nowadays lol.