ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is GDI £1,550 setup Value For Money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  E90
Sorry Mark, just get bored of any thread mentioning GDI or tuning and in comes Fred pushing products and ramming them down people's throats. I'm well aware that there are other companies out there that 'offer' the same products and services, but the good ones dont need to bang on about their own stuff on here all day long... probably because they are actually busy making fast cars... or doing something at least...

steroid1.jpg

anger%20management.gif

Sorry Mark, just get bored of any thread mentioning GDI or tuning and in comes Fred pushing products and ramming them down people's throats. I'm well aware that there are other companies out there that 'offer' the same products and services, but the good ones dont need to bang on about their own stuff on here all day long... probably because they are actually busy making fast cars... or doing something at least...

steroid1.jpg

anger%20management.gif

sorry, dont really see what the problem is... any thread directed for other companies or anything ends up as a selling board for Fred... didn't realise he paid CS commission for unsolicited sales plugs on any thread that mentions tuning... anyway, what are you doing out of off-topic, surely there is a fisting thread you can turn your hand to? no pun intended... :rolleyes:

Definately a lot of ''opposition'' fans on here today Jon.

yup, bum boys are out in full force Jim! This is what inevitably happens when someone dares speak out against any tuner other than the usually slagged off one... :lolup:

Good product Tom, I expect to see you modeling the TBR camisole sometime this summer?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If you like sweetheart. ;)
Bit more gentle next time, nobody likes it that rough.

ITB'd GDI Original?
LOL can i try to end this..............If you spend £1550, and your happy with it, and you get what you wanted or it does what it says on the tin. Then who gives a f@*k

LOL can i try to end this..............If you spend £1550, and your happy with it, and you get what you wanted or it does what it says on the tin. Then who gives a f@*k

very valid point... so can the tuning vultures 'f**k off' now please?
:rasp:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Please pm "the jesus" to check if your opinion is acceptable before you post.

Be warned you may be told to "f**k off" or other similar abuse thrown in your direction if you post without approval.

Tom this is a good idea... but this would also effectively mean that you're banned, as it's a rare day you actually post an opinion on anything anyway... it's more usually to comment on swearing, bad grammar and spelling or some such pointless sarcastic remark that actually brings nothing to the thread.

You may not like what I put, but I think my original point to Fred is a valid one. Sorry, but any thread where tuning is mention he is there pimping the YS brand, whether it is an FAO type thread or not... now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this advertising and isn't that paid for? I don't actually know and this is a genuine question... other than that the constant "we can", "we do", "we have" on every tuning thread is wearing a little thin with me and other users... also there is the numerous other people that have PM'd me to comment the size of my balls for posting something like this up where other people have previously been flamed into shutting-TFU would tend to agree. I wont bother embarrassing them by mentioning their names as I'm sure they would have posted it on the open forum if that were the case... funny how people don't feel comfortable doing this in fear of being bullied by the usual crew...

and Chris... last time I looked I wasn't a tuner for Reno's or any car's for that matter, but once again thanks for your invaluable input ;)

Clio 172 mk2
^fairplay for sticking your neck out and having your own take on this....I agree it takes some balls on here.

Personally I've never used GDI, YS or Angelworks so can't comment on their work.

I've had experience of GDI and AWT and some of Hill Power products, I use who I do for a reason. People can pick who they want at the end of the day, I just find this whole "ooh look at us!" crap a bit draining.... yes, we know YS are tuners... great, but why post in every thread as an advertising opportunity? classless imo...

Maybe it's something Fred will learn when he's a bit older and has more experience in the big wide world, but it's not professional and borderline desperate and it doesn't help when people that actually have experiences are too affraid to share them.

E90
while things are being sold, I put the card in the newsagents window today, but its worth a punt on here.

FOR SALE: Complete set of Encyclopedia Brittania, every volume still in its cover, never turned a page, reason for sale Jesus knows absolutely everything. 100 ono.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I've had experience of GDI and AWT and some of Hill Power products, I use who I do for a reason. People can pick who they want at the end of the day, I just find this whole "ooh look at us!" crap a bit draining.... yes, we know YS are tuners... great, but why post in every thread as an advertising opportunity? classless imo...

Maybe it's something Fred will learn when he's a bit older and has more experience in the big wide world, but it's not professional and borderline desperate and it doesn't help when people that actually have experiences are too affraid to share them.

But you ranting in your own unique way won't stop the situation.

If your that bothered contact admin and do it properly.

E90
ok, buy a faster car in the beginning instead of spending a smmmmall fortune making a cheap one go faster. Hows that ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
basicly do your research on all the companys before choosing any, look into the slightly less advervised ones on here too

the likes of k-tec
GDI
hill power etc etc

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Yes boss ;)

As said, read the reviews, talk to the various guys and make your own judgement from that. Why have people said get a faster car when he clearly said he doesn't want to?

while things are being sold, I put the card in the newsagents window today, but its worth a punt on here.

FOR SALE: Complete set of Encyclopedia Brittania, every volume still in its cover, never turned a page, reason for sale Jesus knows absolutely everything. 100 ono.

you need to try and be funnier, your material is somewhat dated and you seem to have gone out of fashion like a tie dye T-shirt... so 'A' for effort, 'E' for effect

Tom - what would contacting them achieve? if they dont notice they are too stupid and blind to care... that or they endorse it, take your pick.

so back on topic the subject is completely personal, if you like tuning cars it's worth it... if not then it could be deemed a waste of time.

cup 182 mit stripes
I've got no axe to grind on GDI's behalf, but they seem to be the only drive in /out Clio tuning shop. People on here have had recent conversions from them and seem happy. OK, It was'nt allways so, but these conversions are complicated, especially for a car that is in a high state of tune standard.

Fair play to Andy and his team for their dedicated continuous development work, to give us punters an even better product.

I can't remember reading comments from people who have had similar work done by Angelworks or Yozzasport.

Milltek'd 182
i think this has been blown out of proportion. Fred was merely suggesting that there were other options, as he lived fairly close he could pop over for a chat about it. dont see any harm in that? if its not as cheap/good then dont use YS! tbh freds always helped me out, and ive seen him do the same for others and if that means he maybe posts up about a few products then so be it, i dont care and its worth it for the help he gives. didnt see you posting on Ben's angelworks thread Jesus...?!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Used GDI a few times and can honestly say everytime they offered 100% satisfactory service.
Extremely helpful and very knowledgable

i think this has been blown out of proportion. Fred was merely suggesting that there were other options, as he lived fairly close he could pop over for a chat about it. dont see any harm in that? if its not as cheap/good then dont use YS! tbh freds always helped me out, and ive seen him do the same for others and if that means he maybe posts up about a few products then so be it, i dont care and its worth it for the help he gives. didnt see you posting on Ben's angelworks thread Jesus...?!

Maybe it has yeah, but that's how I feel on it, especially where GDI is in the thread title you can guarantee Fred's there offering his services, that's my point. My full inbox of people that also think this and are affraid of being flamed goes some way to support this, but the difference is I dont give a monkeys what people think of me, I call it like I see it.

And what about Ben's Angelworks thread? I didn't notice Ben come on here offering his services and work out to someone asking about GDI products or have I missed something? I've taken my last car to Ben and over 4+ years of Clio ownership have tried MANY of Clio tuners mentioned on here and ones that aren't... whether people agree or not I don't care, but having "been there and done that" I'm in a position to say. If you're on about the inlet thread I didn't bother reading it, I've got inlet work done, but there is a difference between blowing your own horn on your own thread and doing it on any and every thread not started by yourself...

Fred, yes, you help people, for that I commend you... but in your 20'000 posts it would be naive to think this is not to help yourself... come, lets come back down to reality here for a minute

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Going off topic slightly when the inlet thread went up i caused major disruption because i asked for proof that it does what it says on the tin? No proof was ever posted up but i was singled out for asking a very good question. I can however say that ive seen proof of GDI,s work and can confirm it DOES do what it says on the tin ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.