ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this normal or not? worried!

Audi A3
is this normal for the top mounts, 51 plate 1.2 with standard shocks and 40mm apex lowering springs.

IMG00424-20090627-1503.gif

IMG00425-20090627-1503.gif

and is it what could be causing the steering to be abit odd?

It's A Reno
They do look odd. From the pics, they look like they are not parallel to the turret. Have you checked to see if they are tightened down?

Audi A3
They do look odd. From the pics, they look like they are not parallel to the turret. Have you checked to see if they are tightened down?

i did it myself and am sure they are tight, am gonna take them apart again today and try and see if can get it to sit properly as i have a feeling its whats affecting the steering!

It's A Reno
TBH, there's not a lot that can be wrong. If the rubber was seated on the turret properly, and the top mount put back and tightened down, I'm a bit baffled. They do sit a bit on the piss, but yours do seem odd.
Are they both the same?

Hmm. swear filter fail.

Audi A3
yeah there both the same, has been worse since i jacked the car up lastnight and put it back down, the steerings been on the piss since then :S just dont look like there seated properly :S everything was tighted down and in the correct position etc when i put the shocks back together

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
are you on coilovers?

EDIT: Ignore the above.

It happens a lot when you lower your car.

Audi A3
has been like it for awhile as was told before it happends when its lowered but ive always been abit hmm about it, it drove ok after the 4 wheel alignment was done, but after i jacked the car up yesterday the steering is off

It's A Reno
If I was you, I'd get someone in the know to have a look at it, even if it's only to put your mind at rest. Are you anywhere near Rentech?

ibiza cupra
hasnt been in a front end bump at any time has it? just thinking that if it has, it may have moved the subframe resulting in the suspension legs being moved which could result in them not sitting properly.

Audi A3
think il sort myself out some of those then! only worries me really that the fact the steering wheels out of alignment after jacking the car :S