ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this the 4k rattle......

172cup

..... that everyone is on about?

This started in the middle of a 4 hour drive last night. (172 cup)

When the revs are above 4k and come off of the throttle to take the revs below 4k, i get an almighty rattle through the entire engine/exhaust system. It sounds like a heat shield vibrating... but ive checked all that and theres nothing loose. Sounds really bad.

This morning, it nows seems that backing off from any revs above 4k makes this noise. Whos had this before?

If anyone has had this before... what was the reason/remedy? If no one has had this... what do you reckon it is?

Please help meeeeee :)

That sounds like it. I had the mid section replaced under warranty on my mk1 172. Had to kick up a big fuss though.

Yes thats the 4k rattle and its from the mid section of the exhaust, you could replace the mid section to get rid of it but itll come back again eventually!

if the exhaust is like the 182 then its a 1 piece job and they cut and shut in the new centre section, this in turn never seals properly and like said above the rattle comes back, it would be wiser to get an aftermarket exhaust

RS-1, Bebop, CTR

Ive also noticed the rattle recently...so is that just a typical renault sh*te build qualitiy, or could it result in anything serious?

I get a rattle backing off to 4K rpm but its just an annoying buzz through the dash on the passenger side. Take it this isnt the same thing...?

I had my backbox replaced under warranty at 8K miles so maybe this prevented the centre section problem. Now up to 19K miles/4 years.