ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's back...

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Well i have shamefully neglected my phase 1 172 (last taxed 2009!)...basically my mileage at work started getting silly and i couldn't bring myself to sell my phase 1 so bought a low mileage phase 2 and laid it up for much longer than i expected, mostly outside aswell :S

But the time has come for it to get mot'd and ready for some track action so I picked up these wheels off Clarkey on here last week, price was very right and they came with decent rubber aswell and nice and local - i was not however to sure on the colour? i've also refreshed all the brakes gave it a very good clean to remove the moss! and plonked a fresh battery on her and she fired up first time :)

2012-07-26190645.jpg

Thoughts? i'm 'quite' happy considering it will be getting mainly track use and hoping they will grow on me with time....

Windscreen replacement, tracking and some tlc on the driver rear arch and she is good to go :D

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Bloody hell...not seen her for a fair while....I like...but would probably get different colour of the wheels unless you want to make a statement with it. :)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Those where my wheels, had them done that colour then sold them to Clarkey.
Don you said you liked the colour on mine...did you lie :'( lol
Looks really good in my opinon mate, the side 2.0 badge looks red though, would get that done the same colour and the diamonds, if it's a track car primarily then bright colours ftw

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Yeah i heard they done the rounds :) i have no other real use for it apart from track action as i use my ph2 daily. So when they popped up at a decent price it was the perfect option to get it back on the road with some fresh rubber. Bullets will be done, along the cold air feed in the front fog as thats currently red aswell - hoping to get her through an mot this month but got another project on the go aswell so have to limit my spending with an upcoming wedding on its way!

Then i may appear at a West Mids meet again for the time in 3 yrs :S

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Oh i see your the West Mid's rep now and Donny is still aswell so we have two? suppose it makes sense with the size of the area (told you i'm out of touch!)

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Don't worry about the colour of your wheels, your sat inside so won't see them, plus people will remember you easier as you stand out.