ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

its broken!!!! already!!!

right dont know if anyone has experienced this before but i think the 172 is broken again

this is wat happened,,,

launch off line fast, great launch 40 mph and bang into 2nd gear

power is there but there are three loud clonks!!!

i back off but power is still there and now on half load its just about driveable without noise but on full load ie acc, its like the whole cabin shakes and stuff, sounds like some metal is grinding against metal and a few clonks now and again,

im taking it bacl to reno tom morning and see what they say as i k now the prob wont go away by itself, thought these new cars are reliable

any ideas what could be wrong,. i prob could explain it a bit better with some help from u guys, it hard to put into words

erm, had a look at the engine?

not broken the doggie mount?

cant think of anything at the mo, its 1am!

Yeh your supposed to run cars in before you hammer em. And even when its run in is 40mph in 1st gear a good idea?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

sounds like ya snapped the bolt on the doggie mount.

can you select all the gears easy? when i did it to mine 1st 3rd and 5th had gone due to the position of the engine /box

bolt is like 26p

nope its driveable in all gears

damn thing

pissing me off

hope no big damage was done

its at reno now and they said most likely mount of some sort did not know the 172 had a waekeness on the mounts

cheers nick

where the fcuk u been hiding aint seen u for ages now

these new clios arnt built aswell as the old one, u seen me abuse my motor, change to secong @ 55 and sh*t and my motor takes it like its nothing, lol

hehe

Revels Mum & Sister

Quote: Originally posted by nfbr on 22 August 2003

Yeh your supposed to run cars in before you hammer em. And even when its run in is 40mph in 1st gear a good idea?
If he didnt want to hammer his car he would have bought a 1.2!! Not a 172. Performance cars should be built to have the odd bit of hammering as a person who buys a 172 isnt looking for economy or pottering about. Dont tell me you have gone mad with your car.

Mine went like this on my valver a while back and it was the dog bone mount. Was just after I had my new engine in and I thought the gearbox had gone. New bolt and mount and jobs a good un!!

Let us no how you get on mate!

liquid ice

cheers mate

exactly ill let you know,

high performance cars are made to be hammered wherever possible, that the only way i know how to drive

lol

Revels Mum & Sister

Hehe Hammer a car me no never, well only when the missus is in the car she hates it and spoils my fun!!!

You cant drive a faster car slow. They beg to be thrashed. Thrash me thrash me!! Well maybe thats just me going a bit crazy!

Wish I had a warranty. Although nothing has gone wrong with my valver for 7 months now!!!

Heh, my 1.2 lives on the limiter.. it speaks to me aswell.. in a small, 1.2 kinda squeaky voice.. hehe.

liquid ice

my vavler never hada failure like this before

valver took more of a hammering over almost 3 yr period and nothing ever failed mechanically

loved that car

slow cars can be driven fast and can be fun but once u make a step down froma real fast car and a real slow car, its can put u to sleep how boring and slow it is, foot down and nothing

Revels Mum & Sister

MY missus had a 1.4 Corsa Sport. When my valver had to have a new lump last year. I had to drive that and it really frustrated me!!!

Hated putting foot down and f**k all happenning!!!! I hammer my valver every day! Engine was down to a garage. Lossing an allenkey inside my filter and it embedding itself in the piston!!

They seem to be loads of problems with the new clios! Shame cause they are ace cars. I was thinking of one next year. But now having seconds thoughts as too many seem to break!!

yup

mk1 are better,

most mk2 owners will say mk1 are better but there are a few that made the change and regret it, matbrown for instance

hehe

mk1 are the nuts

yup it was a engine mount that let go after only 10k

luckily its covered under warranty. not sure which one it was but it completely failed

wont get it back till wednesday now the earliest

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Wongy

How many times have i told u ITS NOT MENT TO GO 4X4 off road racing !!;)

Geeeeeeessssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh some people dont listen do they !!

lol

hehe

leigh dont start mate, my mum is screwing i drove it one and and i broke it already, she ok with it though, we chopping the car in in march so it aint gotta take much more of my abuse

u been ok

clio sport mk1 golf

Quote: Originally posted by Liquid_ICE on 22 August 2003

If he didnt want to hammer his car he would have bought a 1.2!! Not a 172.

oi i have 1.2 and shes fine, why hammer your cars its only going to cost you more in the long run. pootle along at a leisurely pace its cheaper and nicer to the birds and the squirrelss

ps my new bike aint here yet in customs or somewhere, sulk but when i get that he he he ill do more than 50 in second!!! he he

va va brrrrruuuuuuuuuuuummmm (deep coz its a duke) he he

eat my rear tyre!!! pick on chloe and ill pick on you back!!!! lol at me

only joking peace and love

just got it back

the engine mount under the battery failed

the bolt sheered in two and there have never seen anything like this b4

guess only i can break a mount like this hehe

glad its all done now, all fixed and raring to go

see how long it takes b4 i break something else

Revels Mum & Sister

Haha Nice one mate!

Shes back at least you have done something no one has before. Haha Its a god damn clio hehe everything breaks on them. They mean they havent seen it happen before.

I am thinking of chopping mine in for a Punto GT to tide me over till next aug time. Fancy a change! At least your work was done under warramty. Who wants to buy my 52K miler K plate valver. She is lovely!!

hmmm liquid ice

not fond of the looks of them but there ok i guess

my bro raced one in my valver ages ago, lets say he only caught up cos my bro backed off and waited for him,. its was all posted on the punto forums by the punto owner himself

wats ya budget,??? but if i wanted a modern ish turbo motor then yh ur only choice is the GT, if u had a bigger budget ill got for a seat ibiza cupra,

reno were good to me, done it all quickly and its going fine, bit paranoid ill break it again though some im taking it a bit easier in it then usual

Quote: Originally posted by nosh clio on 24 August 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Liquid_ICE on 22 August 2003

If he didnt want to hammer his car he would have bought a 1.2!! Not a 172.

oi i have 1.2 and shes fine, why hammer your cars its only going to cost you more in the long run. pootle along at a leisurely pace its cheaper and nicer to the birds and the squirrelss

ps my new bike aint here yet in customs or somewhere, sulk but when i get that he he he ill do more than 50 in second!!! he he

va va brrrrruuuuuuuuuuuummmm (deep coz its a duke) he he

eat my rear tyre!!! pick on chloe and ill pick on you back!!!! lol at me

only joking peace and love
Oh my god - nosh is getting a Ducati?!? :eek: Have you pre-booked the ambulance and plot next to the church?? :sick:

;)