ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jamsport 326bhp s/charged R27

Turbo LY R27
I will do! Thanks for the comments guys :) Will be a delay on the vids, a lorry scraped the side yesterday before i picked it up, but its snapped the top of the strut on the coilover and now the wheel is sitting at an angle :( its getting looked at tomorrow, the company said they will pay privately but just want some quotes for it so hopefully be up and running soon. Found a good LY sprayer as well so thats a relief! :)

Gutted as i was having some serious fun in it lol!

Turbo LY R27
It didnt rape it, bout the same, maybe a bit quicker. Pulled on meg trophys though when it ran 260 :) But yeah now....holy crap!! It feels about the same as 400-450ish RS's ive been out in, it doesnt stop! lol! Im gagging to get it on track!

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
This is awesome. In about a year the 182 will be getting treated to a cheeky charger.

Turbo LY R27
the 182 is going mate, will be up for sale when i get round to doing the ad for it. So if anyones interested pm me lol!

Crikey. I bet that moves at a rate of knots.

I'm also not a fan of the exterior though, but that's just personal choice. I hate the Cup spoiler and body kit.

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Loving the car looks lovely :D
What clutch are you using?
Also what it like low down when pulling off ect, low comp waiting on boost?
Looking to get an idea on how the mk2 feels vs this, also which charger is it running? C30-94?

Turbo LY R27
It's on the standard clutch lol time will tell on that :p it's fine low down as the pistons were slightly lower on compression. I think I'm running a c30 charger mate. I've never been in a charged mk2 but if its as good as this is you'll love it! With ally other mods it feels factory and handles amazing! Gets all the power down easy as its so linear! I'm hooding things like the box/clutch last longer as all the torque is progressive rather than in a surge like turbos. Also all the upgraded clutches out there can't handle the torque anyway, so no point in spending money for that when for now the standard one is fine.

It didnt rape it, bout the same, maybe a bit quicker. Pulled on meg trophys though when it ran 260 :) But yeah now....holy crap!! It feels about the same as 400-450ish RS's ive been out in, it doesnt stop! lol! Im gagging to get it on track!

Sounds about right. The Focus is at least 200kg heavier. I want 400hp now. Must resist...

The big problem with going for 400 is that it really requires new injectors, and then the fuel consumption will become a joke.

No they're around 1500kg. I think the published figure is 1480. But it doesn't matter so much when you're knocking on the door of 400lb/ft ;)

Turbo LY R27
What a beast.

What you hoping for in terms of reliabilty?

im hoping it should be fine mate. When it was at 260 it did 6 track days and 6k miles. I only use it as a toy so it gets used and it was fine, no issues.
the only thing I reckon might go is possibly clutch and possibly gearbox. But they've both held up great so far, I've always treated the box with mechanical sympathy anyway, and in total it's done 75k. Record mk3 box and running 1.3 bar boost lol?!

yeah true Roy, if its your daily it might be hard to justify. They are good though lol! Not as heavy ad I thought! :)

RB 182 Cup
I read every post on hope I would see a link to a video FML :( Lol how long did it take for you to save up for this? Or isn't this an issue for you?

SQ5
Standard clutch is mental, the Kevlar one in mine at 326bhp had slippage sometimes really high up.

I hope this stays running longer than the fiesta they supercharged!

Turbo LY R27
Awesome work mike, car looks great :approve:

Ive just picked up my new charger, I can't wait to see what mines like with 300+ bhp compared to 260. Bet your loving yours.

Cheers dude :) What charger did you go for? You'll love it mate, its unreal the difference from 260, so so quick! ordered my new coilover strut yesterday so should be back on the road next week ready for some vids!! When you putting your new charger on mate?

Yeah standard clutch guys. Cant sell the cams as its got one standard and one schrick. Reason being is apparently to stop the overlap. I have no idea what that means before anyone asks lol!