ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JoeyD's MX5 NC Recaro

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Complete package, everything done just right.... Must be an absolute hoot to drive, fantastic photos. Oh and what model BBS wheels are they again?

Clio F1 197 Cup
Joey, this looks bloody fantastic mate. Paintwork is gleaming. 180bhp is a great result and must be great fun on the road. Do you have any plans to go for the magic 200? Your car has ruined Mk3s for me now because every single one I look at doesn't look any where near as epic as yours!!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The selectable maps and driver Aids in the car sound proper cool.

It looks absolutely bang on too.

But what is flat-foot shifting and how does it and downshift rev-matching work on a manual car? Is the first one just keeping the throttle pinned while changing gear?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Flat foot shifting is just that, keep the foot planted and change gear, ignition cut usually.

Downshift rev matching is just like heel and toe except you don't have to blip the throttle, loads of stuff comes with it these days from the factory GT4 included however if you can actually drive most switch them off

Why am I so jealous of an MX5...

These are so tempting with the bits to get them to 180hp, almost tempting me away from planning for a mk1

I think MK1's are still cooler, just nowhere near as capable. I really can't wait until people start doing DIY turbos on these newer ones, that's all they're missing now.

Complete package, everything done just right.... Must be an absolute hoot to drive, fantastic photos. Oh and what model BBS wheels are they again?

Yeah it's awesome fun! Even if you over-do it into a corner it just deals with it. Really flatters the driver in that way!
They're O.Z. Leggeras (17x8 et45)

Joey, this looks bloody fantastic mate. Paintwork is gleaming. 180bhp is a great result and must be great fun on the road. Do you have any plans to go for the magic 200? Your car has ruined Mk3s for me now because every single one I look at doesn't look any where near as epic as yours!!

Thank you! To be honest for the amount that cams cost (£1k+) I don't think I'll bother for now. If I decide I want more power I think it'll be via a turbo or supercharger next.

The selectable maps and driver Aids in the car sound proper cool.

It looks absolutely bang on too.

But what is flat-foot shifting and how does it and downshift rev-matching work on a manual car? Is the first one just keeping the throttle pinned while changing gear?

As Jamie said really. This is what's in the little booklet I got:
33581868596_5711bf133d_b.jpg

33622742775_0e1b277a43_b.jpg

Love it so much that i'm going to look at a mk3.75 in 15 minutes.

Good man! Don't be put off if it's a bit soft, a couple of suspension mods and you've got a proper drivers car!

Suzuki Jimny
I'm not really into super hard cars anymore, the one I drove was amazing :hearteyes:

It's 80% your fault I just bought it!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I think MK1's are still cooler, just nowhere near as capable. I really can't wait until people start doing DIY turbos on these newer ones, that's all they're missing now
With the explosion of diy kits for the mk1 it can't be long before someone looks at doing something cost effective. I'm still staggered at the progress turbo kits have made in the last 5 years, crazy really for aftermarket stuff.

There's been talk of companies producing manifolds (G19 I think) but nothing yet. I really want a Fab9 kit from the US. Looks really amazing!

I'm not really into super hard cars anymore, the one I drove was amazing :hearteyes:

It's 80% your fault I just bought it!

No way haha you won't regret it! Such an awesome little car! Get a thread up asap

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Every time I see yours Joey it makes me want to go outside and kick mine. Lol.

It looks brilliant mate.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I found one on my car yesterday too! f**k people!

This car just keeps getting better. Proper :cool:

Not much to report, I've been just driving it when I can! Still think I need a quieter exhaust, so might look into that in the coming months.

I gave it a proper wash at a mates house, was covered in crap unfortunately, mainly from the brakes I think! So dusty.

34013013551_06bccc4974_c.jpg

Lots of fallout removed. Looking as good as new again.

33986166122_0f71c45b22_c.jpg

34013010031_e89438e098_c.jpg

34102826786_0b360bcbf9_c.jpg

34102826186_5a1a08616a_c.jpg

34013005021_6256533405_c.jpg

Noticing a lot of new cars coming out with this style of wheel now, most recently the M4 CS... Must be fashionable or something!
Gave the ECU features a go too, the rev-matching is really really good to be fair, though it does make it all a bit easy! The flat foot shifting is good, but I still think it's a bit harsh and I've not gone anywhere near the launch control!

Swift Sport
I've been offered a good price on a 3.5 so I'm seriously considering sticking my Mk1 up for sale and doing a deal. Just need to have a test drive to make sure I'm impressed, but I'm starting to like the idea of buying a car 20 years newer! Lol

Still happy with yours, @JoeyD ? It looks the absolute nuts, and if I buy one I'll probably start tinkering too!

I'd do it. Still maintain that they're better to drive than the early cars. Unfortunately I've had to put mine away for a while until I move house. Had trouble with c**t kids jumping on it because it's sat at home all day...

34609652346_3f3b5c7c88_z.jpg

Sigh.

Clio F1 197 Cup
That's sad to hear... It's a shame that it's illegal to shoot children.
I don't think it is illegal to shoot them if they are touching your car.

As a Mk1 owner following with interest as everyone moves towards the Mk3s haha. I definitely prefer the looks of the facelift and RCs.

That's sad to hear... It's a shame that it's illegal to shoot children.
Tell me about it! Honestly... Thing is they were playing out again the next night - so they've not even been grounded. What can you do if they've got s**t parents!
I don't think it is illegal to shoot them if they are touching your car.

As a Mk1 owner following with interest as everyone moves towards the Mk3s haha. I definitely prefer the looks of the facelift and RCs.
I do love MK1's, don't get me wrong. But drive them back to back and you can see the difference immediately. Especially with a few handling mods, the NC is a proper weapon.
Have you considered having the windscreen surround wrapped black to match the roof? Love it on mine!
Seen yours Matt, I can't comment in your thread because I'm a povvo member, but it looks mint! Do like the anniversary ones; Soul Red just like the MK4's isn't it? They've got a black windscreen surround too actually. Maybe a photoshop is in order...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Saw on Instagram and Sammie's Facebook about the kids mate. Brutal. Little sh*ts.
It's far too nice a car to let that happen again. What pattern are those OZ's by the way? Seriously tempted by a set myself.
@JoeyD

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Id go for it! Theyre awesome wheels. Mine are 17x8 5x114 et45 and theyre only very slightly heavier than RPF1's. Still light as f**k though, you'll need all the help you can to go sub 1100! @Christopher

Nice! It'll be next year I think but it's definitely on the cards. Between ATS DTC, Braid Fullrace A or these badboys now.

Suzuki Jimny
Yep mines soul red, stunning in the sun. The windscreen surround makes a big difference in my opinion!

Clio F1 197 Cup
I think you're right, with some tweaks the NC looks epic and seems to go rather well too. No doubt once the prices have started to come down a little further I shall try one. For now, yours is just making me very jealous!

I'm good thanks, yourself?

I did, Phoenix Edition Mk2.5. It was a nice car to drive, and had a lovely interior, but ultimately it was too small for me, and the sills were a bit wankered.

I'm good thanks, yourself?

I did, Phoenix Edition Mk2.5. It was a nice car to drive, and had a lovely interior, but ultimately it was too small for me, and the sills were a bit wankered.
Yeah not bad mate, all going well other than needing desperately to move house! Haha
I think the mk2's were worst for rust but they all do it. Cheap S**t really!

@Mr Burns
Cant reply in that thread but great choice! Rodders knows how to build an awesome MX5. It'll last forever on track too which is ideal for you!

@JoeyD Mate, I hear you sold the NC and bought an E36?!
Thats right yeah! Loved the NC and wish I could've kept it but realistically I don't actually need a car so this was sitting outside my house costing money and ultimately getting wrecked by little kids that live on my street so... I'll be moving house next year and it would've been a little better but even so I was so weary of taking it on track and crashing it - it was kind of too nice for me really.
I've got an ugly Dakar yellow E36 compact with an M52; cost me 2 grand and it doesn't matter if it gets trashed on track so I'll probably get more enjoyment out of it anyway. Shame but thats life eh!

Clio F1 197 Cup
Thats right yeah! Loved the NC and wish I could've kept it but realistically I don't actually need a car so this was sitting outside my house costing money and ultimately getting wrecked by little kids that live on my street so... I'll be moving house next year and it would've been a little better but even so I was so weary of taking it on track and crashing it - it was kind of too nice for me really.
I've got an ugly Dakar yellow E36 compact with an M52; cost me 2 grand and it doesn't matter if it gets trashed on track so I'll probably get more enjoyment out of it anyway. Shame but thats life eh!
I feel you mate, any pictures of the Beemer? Its a shame but I understand your reasoning, need must an all. You still built my favourite NC ever!