ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just renewed my insurance...:(

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
well, just paid it all out,

• £753
  • 2ncb
  • 18 years old
  • 1 non fault claim
  • 3 speeding points
  • just about £1100 excess!!!
  • courtesy car, legal cover etc
the excess is that high just for a few months, then i can ring up and lower it and pay a bit extra in 1 lump sum, done it like this just to get it as low as poss for now!

glad its been sorted but i was hoping for a lot less, but hey, got to be done i suppose!
hello overdraft this month!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
bonus accelerator scheme with norwhich union, 9 months insurance gets a years no claims back.

Golf GTI 1.8T
I had to say hello to my overdraft for the first time because of insurance, thats a good price for a 18yr old though. The insurance companies are slower increasing their excesses to make the quote lower. Can't get round it though, its s**t.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeah i suppose it isnt too bad, just more than someones on here for a modified car, whom is younger than me with 1 years less no claims!!!

Motorbikes
Thats not bad, when I was 18 i was paying almost £1300 for a standard 1.3 fiesta. Now at £500ish and I'm 21 on standard 1.2 clio

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i payed:

£1800 for first 9 months
£1200 for sdecond 9 months, alot of it was with modified suspension
£750 for 12 months standard,

suppose i cant complain too much, still a kick int he teeth though with a mortgage starting soon!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeah, just the excess thats insane, but in a few months when i have some more spare cash ill ring them up and lower it to something more sensible for some extra moolah!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeah it is al, but the best quote i could get was with norwhich union anyway even with 2 full years no claims when i turn 19 anyway.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, just the excess thats insane, but in a few months when i have some more spare cash ill ring them up and lower it to something more sensible for some extra moolah!

Don't crash and you don't have to worry a sausage about the excess

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeah i know, but sods law will be i do with an excess thats more than 25% the value of the car!
as soon as i can lower it i will!

mk5 VDUB polo
my mate has the same deal with norwich union, paying about £700 a month for a 1.2 corsa twinport, 05' with OZ super t's but his excess is £1750. i think thats amazingly high!!