ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just washed the paint off my alloys :(

Low!
Just thought id say thanks to Autoglym for cleaning my wheel so very well. So very well in fact that it's left no paint on my wheel.

Just gave the car a really quick was as it was filthy.

Came to do the wheels and it wasn't washing off so I found some AG Clean Wheels in the garage. So spray it on, leave for one minute as stated on the back and when I come to wash it off the paint comes with it!! :eek::dapprove:

Usually I use bilberry wheel cleaner but I couldn't find it.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
its not like power coating just to fall off, unless you have sprayed your wheels with acid?

Low!
IMAG0011.jpg

F56 MINI Cooper S
Mine are sprayed by myself with a rattle can jobby, used Autoglym clean wheels on mine for ages and they havnt done that atall, perfectly fine on my alloys

NEVER EVER use acid based cleaners on powdercoat. I bet clean wheels has Acid in, and therein lies your problem. I used AG custom wheels on powdercoated rims with no problem, that's acid free.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If you want to use something for your wheels...AG Engine and Machine Cleaner is a good substitute as its non-acidic.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Do take special care to use this product carefully. If you have non standard or anodised wheel surfaces, or only superficial road grime, use Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner instead.

Close thread.