ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec decat problems

Audi A4 TDi Sport
I've just taken my new K-tec decat to be fitted only to find the 1st lamba sensor is in the way of the gear linkage. I've tried phoning k-tec but they'er closed. Could anyione give me any advise what to do as i want it fitting asap. I was thinking of extending the wires on the 1st sensor and running it to the 2nd sensor hole. Does this sound ok or is there anything else i shoud do?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
get the place you have taken it to to heat up the lambda hole and bend it out of the way had to do this with a decat i bought of ebay on my first 172

Golf GTD Mk7
wouldn't advise doing that mate. why doesn't it fit? have they put it on right? should be lots of clearance

There should only be one lambda hole on the mk1 decat no?

Audi A4 TDi Sport
wouldn't advise doing that mate. why doesn't it fit? have they put it on right? should be lots of clearance

There should only be one lambda hole on the mk1 decat no?

the pipe itself fits, its just the placment of the 1st sensor hole thats the problem as the sensor sticks out and gets in the way of the gear linkage. mines a late ph1 so it has 2 sensors.

SQ5
Few of them left factory with twin cat and twin lambda sensor's. IBut heating it and bending it out the way seems a big no no TBH!

Octavia vRS tfsi
I've a twin lambda late ph1 and have a K-tec silenced de-cat fitted. Had no issues with clearance. Sounds like there's something amiss with yours.

Absolute nightmare to go fitting and changing over the car on a ph1. I would hate to have to be messing around with any additional problems.

Audi A4 TDi Sport
would it be ok to extend the wires on the 1st sensor and use it in the second hole, and not have the 2nd sensor in the pipe?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Could do, plug the first hole up, connect the Lambda in the second hole, and tape up the second sensor under the car....... but why pay for something thats not right in the first place?

Last edited: