ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec exhaust

Silver 182
Bought a k-tec un-silenced ultra performance exhaust and de-cat the other week there, but it seems to keep blowing at the join between the de-cat and centre section, anyone else had this problem? Is there some sort of different clamp i should use?

Thanks

Bought a k-tec un-silenced ultra performance exhaust and de-cat the other week there, but it seems to keep blowing at the join between the de-cat and centre section, anyone else had this problem? Is there some sort of different clamp i should use?

Thanks

I have exactly the same problem mate, i have the k-tec janspeed system with k-tec decat (unsleaved) and supersprint centre , its always blown a little have to keep resealing and moving it getting a pain now !!
Let me know if you find a fix !!

Thanks Dean

Cup In bits
Is it a v-band clamp? Check all your exhaust and engine mounts are good then use some RTV sealant on the problem joint.

monaco 172
the standard olive joint is pretty crap, i sold my decat and bought a sleeved pipe to fit into the center section, much better.

however for your problem when i had the same joint as you i bought some black silicon thats heat resistant and put loads of it around the olive joint and then clamped it up at tight as possible.

dont use that fire putty or whatever its called these days, its crap, set brittle and then as soon as theres some movement it crumbles off.

Mec 350 slk manual

Thanks
Had the same prob with the ktec clamps the nuts would not fit straight so they would not tighten up , picked up some from uni part
done the job

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I just used the clamp that was on it already mate, is that a v band clamp?

I always fit new, re-used clamps never work properly as they change shape the first time they're tightened. I also use genuine as for a few quid extra, you get a much better quality part than a motor factor clamp (which usually strip the threads on the bolts before being tight enough)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Had the same prob with the ktec clamps the nuts would not fit straight so they would not tighten up , picked up some from uni part
done the job

you have a 172 so you don't have the same join or clamps as the OP.