ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Stealth seems Very Loud

PH1 172 Sport
Got my k-Tec Stealth the other day after they had been on order for a while. It looks very well made and came with everything needed for fitting.

I fitted it yesterday and the burble on idle is very nice but between 1500rpm and 3000rpm its very very loud inside the car. Then it quietens down and above 4500rpm its no louder than stock. I was expecting more noise at higher RPM and close to stock levels at lower rpm.

Do I need to allow time for it to settle or is there something wrong?

titanic killer
no that sound about right mine is the same(gdi 1)nice burble but 2k - 3k loud then after 3k the faster you go the quieter it is

ValverInBits
I would just stay standard as the induction noise is enough. But it's rattling and it'll fall off if i leave it as they all do.

I think I might go for the yozza replacement. But I need it cheap. hmmm

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Could do a lot worse than a decent Powerflow, and only £250
th_VIDEO_006.jpg

Clio 172 mk2
K-tec should queiten down with time, well mine certainly did.

My stealth was also loud between 1500-3000 but seems to be less noticable now

PH1 172 Sport
K-tec should queiten down with time, well mine certainly did.

My stealth was also loud between 1500-3000 but seems to be less noticable now

It was allot quieter on my way to work today. Couldn't really notice it on the motorway either which is different to how it was saturday. Just have to see how it goes over the next few weeks. I do love the burble at idle though :)

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i love mine

does have moments when it goes loud but sounds brill when driving

Renault Sport Clio 172
I've had mine on for about 3 months now & its got alot louder since i 1st put it on! Real head turner! Lol. I have got the k-tec straight thru de-cat aswell tho!

titanic killer
I've had mine on for about 3 months now & its got alot louder since i 1st put it on! Real head turner! Lol. I have got the k-tec straight thru de-cat aswell tho!
decat makes a hell of a difference sold mine after 1k with it on

PH1 172 Sport
Well the noise is starting to grow on me and its changed allot over the last 100 miles. Its not raspy like some people are saying it is.

At high revs the tone complements that of the induction noise perfectly. Its still a bit boomy low down but im sure ill get used to it!!

Renault Sport Clio 172
Well the noise is starting to grow on me and its changed allot over the last 100 miles. Its not raspy like some people are saying it is.

At high revs the tone complements that of the induction noise perfectly. Its still a bit boomy low down but im sure ill get used to it!!

My bro got his a long while b4 i got mine & his was really raspy, sounded like a ferrari!!!! But mine sounds totally different to his 4 some reason! Must have been made different somewhere along the line.

He recently got a new bac box from k-tec (still the stealth) because the baffles came loose & it sounds more like mine. Still slightly raspy!

Alot of people i talk to say my exhaust makes the car sound like its got a turbo! Lol......I wish