ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knock Sensor Error code on 182 - Renault say no knock sensor!

05 Clio 182
morning all,

car is in the garage today becuase there is a light that comes on intermittently.....error code is reading that its the knock sensor.

the garage called renault who say there is no knock sensor.

any ideas?

it normally only comes on if you nail it after cruising along...then after a couple of days the light goes off.

its a 2005 182

cheers
Martin

BMW M135i
Renault recon it hasn't got a knock sensor?

New one.

(it 120% has got a knock sensor btw, and it probably just wants replacing depending on the error)

05 Clio 182
thats what i thought! they prob got a tool on the phone.

ill call reno myself and see if i get the same answer.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I think the part number your after is 9628648280, id get them to check but have this in my cars service history

05 Clio 182
i got a different result from reno in edinburgh - it has one :)

called the garage and they are investigating a pinking sensor

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
pinking sensor / knock sensor same thing,no worries, the part numbers change every now and agin

a thirsty one
Easy to change, just whip off the fuel rail guard and its on the block under there, about 35 quid I think when I swopped mine over.

05 Clio 182
magic thanks for all the info should be covered under the warranty :)

i will give them the part number and tell them how to fit it if they cant find it :p

suppose this is what happens when you buy a reno from suzuki! :D