ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knock

Renault Clio 172 Ph 2
Hi

I think have an idea of the problem, but I thoughr Id just ask if anyone has had the same sympton and what rectified it:

Pulling away in first gear, if I snatch the clutch i get a knock, coming from around the glove area in the engine bay.

I'm assuming its a new gearbox/engine mount

Thanks in advance

John

In between cars....
Ive that prob at the minute as well, have to get round to stripping it down and ordering new bits

Renault Clio 172 Ph 2
Re: Knock UPDATE

Hi

Well I ordered four new engine/gearbox mounts from Renault costing around £160 (trade discount, not a huge saving).

Last night I changed the mounts, the gearbox mounts were a little bit of a bugger, but with it being the first time changing them I would approach it differently next time using a 2 poster ramp instead of a 4.

Anyway its all done now and what a difference:

• Performance is up, with the lose of movement in the engine, power is being put straight to the road.
  • Handling is better
  • The gear stick/ gearbox feels like new, with postive gear changes and no wobble when in gear.
  • The knock has gone aswell
As a modification, well good maintaince its money well spent and def. recommned it if you think your mounts are on the way out.

John:)

Clio5014.jpg