ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking when accelerating

When changing into a gear and putting my foot down I get a knocking. The gearstick moves a bit as well but this only happens when changing to 1st ,2nd and 3rd. I guess its an engine mount but which one? Would the dog bone only knock when decelerating?

Could be engine mount.

try goin down a quiet road, does the noise still happen when the clutch is pressed to the floor and you accelerate a bit? if it does it could be mount or engine problem. If it doesnt could be gear box or clutch trouble. Is their any noises when on full lock either way?

dunno if any of that helps find where its coming from.

The gearstick moving when you either touch the accelerater or just lift off will be the dog bone mount. Mine does this but it doesnt knock. Sounds like an engine mount may have gone too.

Thanks, Ill try the accelerating with the clutch down tomorrow. I forgot to say it also knocks quite a bit when going over bumps but doesnt seem to do anything on full lock.