ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec centre hanger broken again

This is the second time the rubber on the centre hanger has snapped in less than a year.

Is there any uprated mounts available at all as I can't be arsed changing it again for it break in a few months?!

NW performance are aftermarket mounts but are identical to the originals, not to mention there half the price and the rubber is a hell of alot stronger, there mounts are the ones to go for :D

Clio 172
Standard parts and then under exhaust.

Mine snapped after 4 weeks! - I think my engine mounts are battered though :/

Sorry, found them through the trader section.

Will give them a go, will hopefully last longer than the ktec ones!

coiled 'berg
ive gone through 3 standard rubber ones in about 9 months....... going to check nw's out now! cheers men!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Make sure the exhaust is also well supported by the rear hanger. Too much weight on the centre hanger and it won't last long at all.

David.

Make sure the exhaust is also well supported by the rear hanger. Too much weight on the centre hanger and it won't last long at all.

David.

It's a 182 and both the ktec rear mounts are fine as far as I'm aware, its just the centre mount that keeps breaking.

Could there be some sort of underlying problem that I'm missing?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Possibly, if the centre section of the exhaust is slightly out of line it will hang a little too low which will put added strain on the centre hanger.

David.

Nissan 350z
When my Ktec recessed was fitted i also changed all the mounts. They were worn within 2months. Ive replaced all the mounts again but this time i have wrapped the middle hanger in 2 cable ties around it and its working alot better now.

When my Ktec recessed was fitted i also changed all the mounts. They were worn within 2months. Ive replaced all the mounts again but this time i have wrapped the middle hanger in 2 cable ties around it and its working alot better now.

Good idea, the new one will be getting some cable tie action also! Cheers