ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LCD, Plasma or LED?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Sorry have you found where I said it 'directly'? Overly touchy about any bad words said towards Plasmas, seriously how much money did you waste?

its not a case of 'some' sets are cheap, bar 2 or 3 models the majority of the plasma TV's on sale are cheaper than the LED equivalent, or have you never been to the likes of Currys?

Just read the link I posted and you'll soon realise the VT is an exceptional TV.

Better still why don't you post your views on AVForums?

No I tend to stay clear of Curry's, full of retarded spacks.

Focus ST-3
Im not knocking plasmas, if it wasnt for the fact i would use it as a 3rd monitor for my pc as well as my gaming tv then I would get one, but image burn puts me right off.

I would never have a plasma as my main tv in the lounge though

Honda & VW
Just read the link I posted and you'll soon realise the VT is an exceptional TV.

Better still why don't you post your views on AVForums?

No I tend to stay clear of Curry's, full of retarded spacks.

I don't doubt the Tv is immense.

dont tend to go on AV forums as not overly passionate about TV's really, got the one I wanted so that's that.

where did you buy your tv from out of interest

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I don't doubt the Tv is immense.

dont tend to go on AV forums as not overly passionate about TV's really, got the one I wanted so that's that.

where did you buy your tv from out of interest

Richer Sounds mate.

I had no intention of buying a plasma when I first started looking, infact I've always been anti plasma and pro LCD. I promised myself I'd look at the options with an open mind though as I wanted the best PQ for my money.

IR and screen burn are not really a problem these days and isn't just limited to plasma tech. Only an idiot would leave a static image on screen for 4+ hours and IR (which is considered a feature of plasma, not a problem in most cases) is very rare and disappears within seconds.

Unfortunately LED and LCD also have their problems, no tech is perfect.

Honda & VW
I nearly bought mine from Richer Sounds but they didn't have it in stock which was a shame as they were the cheapest about, so I went into Currys and said I'd just been into Comet. Made up some crap about their price (matching that of richer sounds) and not only did I walk out with the Tv at the same price I also got 2 sets of glasses chucked in.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I nearly bought mine from Richer Sounds but they didn't have it in stock which was a shame as they were the cheapest about, so I went into Currys and said I'd just been into Comet. Made up some crap about their price (matching that of richer sounds) and not only did I walk out with the Tv at the same price I also got 2 sets of glasses chucked in.

If you know what you're after then Comet, Curry's etc are tolerable.

Just don't expect the staff to know what their talking about or the additional warrantee that they charge an arm or a leg for to be worth the paper it's written on.

It pays to demo tv's when buying. Places like Curry's, Comet etc can be useful as they tend to stock many of the popular brands, side by side (even though their feeds are normally poor quality).

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a Samsung 46" led tv got it home and was so disappointed in it I took it back. Terrible fast motion picture despite being 200hz.

i have since bought a Sony Bravia hx46" tv which I love. Got some speakers and 3d glasses all of amazon with 115 discount.

had it up and running 2/3 weeks really like it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007M8E8WE/?tag=cliospnet01-21

i have a lot of Sony stuff and rate it highly - I'm sure someone will have a number of points on why they don't though (like that tv/Sony)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i bought an LG 42" LED LCD 200hz, freeview HD, Smart etc for under £450 and am very impressed by it.

All my mates told me to go Samsung over LG but ive had my previous LG LCD for 8yrs and always used LG PC and laptop screens so decided to stick with them!

Panasonic Plasma all the way :rasp:

Richer Sounds, SuperFi, Amazon and John Lewis (5 year guarantee and price match) are good choices too.

For some reason I am not too keen on Currys.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I bought a 42" 1080P LG LED Smart TV from Currys for £425 this week, fantastic picture quality and a definite improvement over my 4 year old Panasonic plasma.

I wouldn't normally shop at Currys but the offer was good and in stock.

Audi A3
ive just bought a 47" panasonic (make LG panels apparently) 1080p, LED, smart viera (which wont be getting much use at all) for £499 from John Lewis, who price matched Co-op electrical.

Z4
Panasonic plasmas have the best picture quality I've seen, Samsung have some nice looking units with the thin bezels but I still find the picture inferior tbh