ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaky Back Shock. Any Advice on Upgrade??

N

Nathanwilliams772

I Have a 182 Cup with standard shocks and springs all round if that makes a differance.

I have just found out that i have a leaky back shock which obviously needs replacing so wondering if there is any better out there than the standard renault cup shocks??

Now stripped 172 cup
The standard shocks on the 182 are very good. Perfectly adequate for road use and even on track really.... If you really want to upgrade them, koni yellows are a favourite.

172 Cup
I've been wondering the same thing. No visible leakage on mine but I feel the rear may need replacing and not really got the funds for a good set of coilovers at the moment so trying to figure out if I should go for stock or up-rate (I have sportlines if that matters).
As I gather the Cup dampers are stiffer than the non-Cup? Is it possible to fit non-Cup ones? I ask so I don't accidentally fit the wrong ones :)

N

Nathanwilliams772

Well I ended up buying the standard cup suspension and I think it was 84 quid off a renault dealer with an eBay store.