ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LeMans 2011 Team Tour... 'We ride fast, We ride light'... losers assemble.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
What do you guys do, buy tickets separate and arrange your own channel crossing and camping or book tickets/ferry crossing/camping altogether?

We're lazy.

I just pay 1st tickets about 1800 quid and they organise the tickets, camping & ferry for the 10 of us.

Then everyone puts in 30 quid about 2 weeks before we go and I buy a tent, BBQ food, radio's, maps, etc.

People just turn up with beer, we get in the cars and off we go.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Im raging ATM

just found out I've been booked into 13 weeks of training at work starting 27th May ending 27th August

It also seems that i won't be allowed to book any holiday in-between! meaning i may be missing it!

me needs to find a solution!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Im raging ATM

just found out I've been booked into 13 weeks of training at work starting 27th May ending 27th August

It also seems that i won't be allowed to book any holiday in-between! meaning i may be missing it!

me needs to find a solution!

Try and come to some sort of arrangement Neil. You've got to be in Le Mans for 2012, as Naith said 'Big Things' next year.

On the hunt!
Sorry chaps, but without digging back through the thread, who is the main person that organises the Le Mans trip on here? I went last year (epic, bar a scrap with a frog and the fact I saw 8 laps in 24 hours...thank you Guiness tent!) I've just added a Willy to the garage and prefer to go retro with the transport. Last year I had the privilege of driving down a Lancia Delta Evo 2, which is also coming this year.

A friend of mine owns/runs white rabbit racing, and he has a campsite and guest house, and would be good to fill it up with Cliosport. Possibly deal to be had as well. It's a well-run site close to Porsche Curves, and we had some tasty motors last year (DB4/DB5/DB9/E90 M3, RS4, GT3 RS, Delta Evo2 etc. etc.) The site fits about 100 tents, but isn't full of the usual weapons. We had the Toyota media crew staying at the site last year, and gave us their access-all-area passes for the Sunday.

Anyway, if that sounds of interest, post it up. If not, I'll tag along for the convoy and break away with my buds when we are down there!! Any pointers appreciated!!

very interesting... let me sort a thread out and i'll expect u to post in there ;).

from our side, i bring the noise. truffs/warren sorts the proper stuff out.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
A friend of mine owns/runs white rabbit racing, and he has a campsite and guest house, and would be good to fill it up with Cliosport. Possibly deal to be had as well. It's a well-run site close to Porsche Curves

A good friend stayed there last year, was tempted to be honest, but much prefer being up the other end in Houx.

The walk from Tetra Rouge to Arnage is a killer once, let alone everytime you want to do anything lol ...

On the hunt!
A good friend stayed there last year, was tempted to be honest, but much prefer being up the other end in Houx.

The walk from Tetra Rouge to Arnage is a killer once, let alone everytime you want to do anything lol ...

We took bikes last year, which is a ten minute ride to the main entrance or 20 minutes walk. The good thing with this site is the 'night opps'. There is a small field at the back of the site, and if you walk through it, you are right on the fence at the end of the Mulsanne Straight where the Pescarolo LMP1 crashed last year. It was an amazing (but sorry) sight to watch, but we ended up going home with the carbon fibre wing and splitter from the car in the back of an old load-lugger.

The offer is there if its of interest, if not, I'll still convoy down with you guys.

SQ5
Interested this year as didn't realise Le Mans wasnt deep down into France, and I love the French roads.

Get a new thread up Naith as I need advice :)