ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp Mode (limited to 3000 revs)

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
I have the light that looks like an electric pulse in a rectangle box on the dash and the car will not go over 3k revs. I went down the garage (luckily its booked in tomorrow having the CV Joint done) and they plugged it in and it come back as accelerator switch malfunction. Does this sound familiar to people? and how much does it cost?

First port of call - take the throttle body off, give it a good clean out, put it back on and see if that solves it. It's free so it's a good place to start and sometimes cures it.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Its a common fault tbh but chances are its not the pedal potentiometer itself at fault but the connection.

• Disconnect the multi-plug,
  • Clean the multi-plug and connector to the pedal
  • Re-Assemble
  • Clear codes... you should now have pedal function back and no sign of the returning code/3k limit.
Mick

B

bigrich690

I had the worst case of limp mode ever and in the end beleive it or not it was my engine mount that had worn that bad my engine must have been moving too much and causing the limp mode, i didnt even want to drive the car it was embarasing, changed the engine mount and the car drives better than the day i bought it 4yrs ago, even the stop and handbrake light doesnt come on anymore! (when driving)​