ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lock Button - Genuis Bar

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, I get my 5S on Wednesday, so I will need to sell my iPhone 5. It was purchased in January this year, via Apple themselves.

Recently, the lock button on the top of the phone has been tempremental. It works if you press it hard, but its obviously not right. It hasnt really bothered me, but in order to get the most for it, it needs to be fixed.

I struggled to get into my Local Apple Genius Bar. Ive got an appointment at one around an hour away. Now in the past (iPhone 3/3GS) Ive had them replaced on the spot there and then.

However, my friend seems to think they will take it away for a fix, which could be a few days? Obviously this isn't an option, as Its bad enough spending nearly 2 hours in travel time, without having to go back and collect it?

Any one hazard a guess as to how they will handle this?

Thanks

IIRC they'll replace it there and then providing it's in warranty. At least this is what I'm hoping, seeing as I have exactly the same problem as you and am driving to Cardiff on Weds to get mine sorted.

A mate of mine had his swapped due to a faulty volume button last week so I'm assuming it'll be much of the same for a dodgy lock button.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Had my iPhone 5 replaced last week coz the lock button was broken. Mine was purchased back in October, just in warranty. Didn't even need a demo, just said it and they replaced so you should be alright.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Update. Walked in today, got it swapped out for a new one there and then. Popped into Three, they offered me a free iPhone 5S upgrade (although contract is now £10 a month more). So sold the Mint 5 to Game.

A good day. Went home with a new 5S and £232 in my sky rocket. (I know I could have got more)