ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Long pedal travel

Hi guys, just undergone a 197 brembo conversion and my pedal travel is a lot longer that it use to be, currently running a cup mc on the ph1.

I flushed the full system and used an eezibleed to bleed the brakes, reading a lot online tonight it is apparent that air can be trapped in the lower piston that can not be bled properly without a lot of chew? Has anyone had any similar issues? also bleeding the brakes I just opened the two top bleed nipples at the same time until there was new fluid running out. Should I just repeatedly bleed the brakes again and see if the pedal improves?

Any advice appreciated!

KT

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@Korky

I was told about the pedal travel before i done the conversion and after having SWR bleed them twice the pedal travel is still there.
Im sure @optical has the same issue as it was him that warned me about it being slightly longer.

2 bleed nipples?

Yes the brembo calipers have a bleed nipple per bank of Pistons I.e. One on the left side of the caliper one on the right.

@Korky

I was told about the pedal travel before i done the conversion and after having SWR bleed them twice the pedal travel is still there.
Im sure @optical has the same issue as it was him that warned me about it being slightly longer.

Oh right, I didn't know this, took the car out and once your use to it it's fine, it's like you can modulate the brake pressure better without stamping on the pedal

Reactions: DrR

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Its a bit longer travel than the standard brakes. You did the right thing with the eezibleed as it forces the fluid round better than conventional bleeding. I would drive the car for a week giving it plenty of full force braking and then after a week bleed them again. It does improve after a second bleed.

Only way of getting the pedal rock hard is a different master cylinder possibly off a 197 (havent tried it though) .
I would personally leave it as you will easily learn to like it more than a rock hard pedal, like you say it allows you to modulate pressure more.

Will purely be down to the master cylinder not being matched to the bore volume of the caliper
Larger volume longer pedal unless matched to the correct master cylinder . generally nothing to do with air in the system or bleeding

Does anyone know if there are there any 4 port master cylinders 23-24mm that are a standard fit?

I don't mind the pedal travel now I'm getting use to it is just like the option should I ever choose to upgrade