ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lower dog bone / wheel bearing

clio 182
How easy are these to fit? I need to change rear bearing and lower dog bone mount/bushes. Are these easy enough for me to do myself?
Iv got the basics like trolly jack spanners etc any tips? Iv never changed either before. any help would be great
thanks

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Dog bone is really simple, rear bearings for a sport you can buy already pressed into the disc thers a guide on here.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Dogbone is a piece of piss! Do that in 5-10 mins tops, Rear bearing... best off buying new discs with the bearings already pressed in. :)

Pug 205 gti
Easiest thing to do with a bearing would be, to take the disk off an take it to a garage an give them a few quid to press the new bearing in. Dog bone is easy with basic tools. Where is south wales are you from?

S4 Avant
Lower dog bone mount is easy, so long as your replacing the whole dog bone itself. It can be a pain getting the old rubber bushes out.

Rear bearings are as said, best off being replaced with new discs. 30mil socket to undo the hub nut, then the discs should slide off. Other wise your left trying to pick half a bearing off the stub axle, which isn't fun.