ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowered clio 172 cup+2118 offset options

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Hi all,

I've had a search but due to the high number of threads containing 2118's i haven't found a answer yet.

Will 2118's with an offset of et37 run with no issues on a lowered 172 cup?
It will probably end up being about 40mm lower than standard with a little more camber at the front and rear.

Also do people go for the 6.5 or 7j rims using a 195/50/15 tyres?

Thanks
Gman

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Cheers for that.

Whats the best place to buy from?

Ollie's Silver Cup
I'm running the 7x15 ET43 2118's on my cup and there's no problem. Looking at it, there would be plenty of room with an ET37 offset too!

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Cool, I hadn't thought about trying direct from speedline themselves.

Fletcher, would you mind pm'ing me what they cost you, I've seen a few different prices floating around on them.

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Am i right in thinking the bore size of a 172 cup is 60.1?

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Ah ok, i thought et37 was the closest they done to the cups et38.5.

Black Clio GT
1.5mm is hardly going to make any difference, go for the et 37, there will still be lots of room in the front arches...

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Try Carnoisseur for price, i bought my white 2118s from them (albeit 2 years ago) and paid £500 for a set of 4.

Ph1
Ah ok, i thought et37 was the closest they done to the cups et38.5.

I might be wrong mate but thought they only did 2 offsets in Renault fit, et38 and the iirc Palmer sport anthracite special edition one of et43.

If its et37 rather than et38 yeah go for the 37. Just dont go for the et43's lol

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I might be wrong mate but thought they only did 2 offsets in Renault fit, et38 and the iirc Palmer sport anthracite special edition one of et43.

If its et37 rather than et38 yeah go for the 37. Just dont go for the et43's lol

Did the cup cars run ET43? Might have been pub talk but was told they ran them to tuck the wheels much lower in the arches, like i said could have been BS :eek:

Ph1
Cups run ET38.5 iirc, ph1 172 ran ET43 and sure the ph2 172's did too.

Think but not 100% sure the 182's were ET45 to took in the arches.

Not sure about the 182's but for the 172's, running a Cup offset is a good move. Could really notice the difference on my ph1

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Cheers for all the info guys, I've phoned speedline today and they do them in ET38 or ET43, the only thing is they only do them in white if you have the ET38 wheels, they will do a special order so i could have another colour but i'd need to order 24 wheels so......