ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY 182 on eBay at present value? Know it?

Brian J

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
My wife keeps saying she doesn’t like me driving the clio because other drivers never seem to see it!! (Titanium 182) her exact weirs we’re can’t you get a yellow or red one… (well, if you’re asking…😁)
I notice there’s a LY 182 on the bay at present. Clicky
Looks really nice, basically identical spec and age to mine. I figure my titanium is work 2-2.5k tops. Is the LY really worth 4K more?
Does anyone know the car and whether it is really as nice as it looks?

Matt182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Inferno
If I recall correctly that car is not an actual factory liquid yellow, but a black-gold car that was resprayed liquid yellow last year...

Have a look at this thread.

Also see the engine bay picture where the strut towers and pieces around them are still black, and the picture in the wheel arch where there is yellow paint on the plastic arch liner.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
As above that's not a genuine from factory liquid yellow.

Think the seller should mention this, unless he doesn't know himself and bought it sprayed...

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
They’ve always cost a premium, that’s some miles…. I’d probably put some masking tape over them saying 69,420 to make myself feel better.

Looks alright tho

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
If I recall correctly that car is not an actual factory liquid yellow, but a black-gold car that was resprayed liquid yellow last year...

Have a look at this thread.

Also see the engine bay picture where the strut towers and pieces around them are still black, and the picture in the wheel arch where there is yellow paint on the plastic arch liner.

View attachment 1651243View attachment 1651244

Not worth the money in my opinion....
Oh, didn’t look that hard but clearly it’s been window taped, wheels covered and blown over…

Paint all over screws and stuff, probably more noticeable up close.

Brian J

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Thanks all. I got blinded by the gorgeousness of the LY. 😅
I see the overspray on screws and the bungs in the tailgate recess now it is pointed out. At least a black engine bay doesn’t clash!
If I was going to go that route, 4K would pay for mine to be sprayed and I’d know what I had as well!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I saw this over the weekend and got excited initially (brief thoughts of buying to whack it in a shed for year until I had space at home) Then realised it was the one that was BG and repainted by that Clio trader, that sold the s**t silver one to fella in Scotland he had loads of problems before someone luckily set fire to it. He did an AG one as well. Personally I would touch the thing. It may photo well, but clearly has been resprayed. I can’t comment on the job as I’ve not seen it in the flesh. But I’m willing to take enough of an educated guess from the photos. When you take it into consideration I’d say it’s strong money for what it is. The lad that painted it struggled to sell the thing for the same money, but at least he was being honest about respraying it

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Real shame, no issue with making a LY if it’s done right, but it’ll never have the value of a factory one unfortunately.
Plus as mentioned above it was done by the dodgy Clio trader guy, wouldn’t touch a car he’s ever sold personally.

Porsche 911 C2
Can I add that it’s my car, the paint is beautiful and yes the previous seller was not the best.

I’ve fitted the refurbished Turini’s and new tyres, redone much of the suspension, ball joints, brakes, engine mounts etc.

It’s now totally sorted and will pass any inspection. I genuinely love the car, but got a 911 project and can’t keep both.

Just dropped the price to £5995 which I think reflects the fact it’s not original LY, but still has an excellent and expensive paint job.

I’ve added the fact it was Black to the advert 🤷‍♂️👍

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I don’t understand the premium on the later cars where I think it was a more common colour, but on 182s they only made 73, so it doesn’t take too many big fans of that colour to bring the prices up.

Punto GT
There can't be many genuine LY ones left now.
I too saw the ebay advert and was initially blinded by the colour until looking closer.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I often wonder who bought the LY one off autotrader a year or two ago.

No fuss in the advert about the colour and just a price inline with a regular 182.

I’d like a LY or RB 200 to replace my white one but they’re double the price, madness really.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
I saw a LY for sale on Facebook yesterday. 1 previous owner, 40-60k miles, original factory colour and he was asking 12k I think.

He was selling a trophy and 172 cup at the same time. They were investment cars that he’s selling to fund a business I believe it said.

Brian J

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I saw a LY for sale on Facebook yesterday. 1 previous owner, 40-60k miles, original factory colour and he was asking 12k I think.

He was selling a trophy and 172 cup at the same time. They were investment cars that he’s selling to fund a business I believe it said.
It’s gone down. He offered it to me for 13k😁