ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

measuring ride height

ph1 clio 172
hi where do peaple measure the ride heights as i will be fitting my 16" alloys and getting rid of the 18" alloys:clap: tomorrow.
is it best to measure ground to sill
or rim to arch
thanks for advice in advance and ill post some pics after
j

182cup & 172 racecar
Clio's are designed to handle with "Rake"(higher at the back),so it needs to be lower at the front.
Don't know by how much so don't ask.

You can measure it from anywhere so long as your four refference points are the same height (or you know the difference in height of your refference points - but it'd be much easier to pick the same place e.g. front and rear of sills)

I wouldn't measure ride height using the gap between the wheel and the arch since that's arch clearance. Thought it's true that if you lower a car the difference in arch clearance will be the same as the difference in ride height it doesn't give you "ride height" in the true sense of the word.