ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane Trouble.

Silver Renault Clio 182
I know mainly clio members on here but i also have a megane 1.9diesel which i'm having problems with. I went to start car other day and battery was dead as a dodo. Got battery changed but few things seem off.

-before battery change when you double clicked key fob windows would close they don't now.
-also used to be able to pull window button and they would come up by themselves now they only come inch or so then stop.
-finaly is there anyway i can get code for radio as don't want to give renault 11 quid for a code.

other little problems i had prior to battery change.
-rear washer isn't working
-horn is really low nearlly none audiable checked fuse and fine.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Not sure on the window's off the fob, there will be a way to reset them possibly.

The windows on the switch, all the way down, then all the way up bit at a time, hold it up at the top on the switch for 10 seconds and they will be auto again.

Radio code should be in your service book, checked it's not wrote on the radio itself? Just whip it out and check, i can get them but costs me about £12 and need the radio.

Rear washer will either be blocked or the pumps goosed, when you operate it can you hear the pump at all? Will sound exactly the same as the operating the fronts!

If the horn is making any noise at all it has power, probably shagged and needs a new one! :)

Someone else may have other answers for you also!

Silver Renault Clio 182
cheers when operate rear washer it squirts from front ones but rear wiper moves. Code not in service book thats why got to get it just annoying bloody renault and there stupid battery surge protection. I'll try that for windows may solve both problems hopefully. is there anyway you can check the horn to see if is goosed.

Silver Renault Clio 182
Just tried that for window and hay presto solved both of problems with window. Just radio code, horn and wiper to sort now ha ha.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Washer pump is knackered if thats happening! You need a new washer pump, new horn and your winning!!!

If the horn is making any noise at all it must have power, if it doesn't sound normal there may be water in it, you can get a replacement for about £8 from a motor factors!

cheers when operate rear washer it squirts from front ones but rear wiper moves. Code not in service book thats why got to get it just annoying bloody renault and there stupid battery surge protection. I'll try that for windows may solve both problems hopefully. is there anyway you can check the horn to see if is goosed.

i had exactly the same problem squirting out the front when operating the rear, also had the same problem with the windows and total closure. don't want to worry you but soon after the rear wiper failed and i couldn't open the boot either had pull the rear seat down and open it from the inside with a screwdriver lol. then to top things off it kept cutting out whist driving a bit scary when your doing 60mph and the electronic steering lock comes on:dead:. all happened within 3 weeks, in the end i chopped it in for my 182. mine was a 1.6 vvt