ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megs 3 Step

Clio 182 CUP In Silver
Im thinking of giving the car a real good detail soon, im buying a jetwash to make it easier rather than bucket method, and geting some snow foam, also going to get a megs clay kit and thinking of using there 3 step.

now is step one a shampoo? sounds dumb i know but it doesnt state no where.

Also whats best to get tar spots off ? Will halfords bug and tar remover work?/

Also what wheel cleaner is best?

A4 Avant
I tried a megs 3 step. I think it was paint correction then polish followed by wax. IMO it was too much hardwork for the results. I get the same finish from claying, then autoglym polish followed by a couple of coats of extra gloss protection.

Claying shall remove the tar and bugs

Porsche Boxster987S
Im thinking of giving the car a real good detail soon, im buying a jetwash to make it easier rather than bucket method, and geting some snow foam, also going to get a megs clay kit and thinking of using there 3 step.

now is step one a shampoo? sounds dumb i know but it doesnt state no where.

Also whats best to get tar spots off ? Will halfords bug and tar remover work?/

Also what wheel cleaner is best?

forget the 3 step megs crap tbh. If your going to snow foam it , was**t afterwards with a mitt. The idea of the snow foam is to get rid of the caked on dirt and grime that would be dragged across the paint if going directly with a bucket.

polish (by hand) - autoglym srp

tar spots - get autoglym intensive tar remover and then clay

wheel cleaner - bilberry gets my vote

Porsche Boxster987S
dodo is great. However , spend an extra 15quid and you can buy some swissvax onyx

Clio 182 CUP In Silver
thanks guys, i resin polsihed it this weekend at it came up good, ran out though jus needs claying and waxing, amazingly theres no swirls in it that i can spot :)

Shaun.

Wash, clay, polish, seal, wax. That's the method fella. You will put small marks in the paint work through claying and these are removed by the polishing stage.

White clique
I tried a megs 3 step. I think it was paint correction then polish followed by wax. IMO it was too much hardwork for the results. I get the same finish from claying, then autoglym polish followed by a couple of coats of extra gloss protection.

Claying shall remove the tar and bugs

totally agree with that, i was pretty dissapointed. It felt as if steps 2 and 3 didnt really do much to the appearance.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Step 1 is ok, but there's better products around. As said, the other 2 arn't worth the hassle.

Wash, clay, wash, dry, carlack nano care, lsp. Job done ;)

Megane R26
Step 1 & 2 are ok - they are a paint cleaner, and a glaze (Megs confuse a polish tbh!)

Step 2 is kind of like an easier to use #7

The wax is shite. If you want to stick with Megs, get #16 wax, which is a lot nicer and only £12 for a big ass tin

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Step 1 & 2 are ok - they are a paint cleaner, and a glaze (Megs confuse a polish tbh!)

Step 2 is kind of like an easier to use #7

The wax is s**te. If you want to stick with Megs, get #16 wax, which is a lot nicer and only £12 for a big ass tin

#7 is a pig to use, but gives stunning results!

Agreed, stunning might be too good a word, but certainly nay bad.

#16 is on a parr with quite a few basic waxes, nothing wrong with it at all.

Megane R26
Best of the Megs bunch IMO - #26 maybe?

Get some Vics Concours ideally, or try something new like Sonus SFX4 Sealant, but then you wouldn't want to be using DC2 as it's too oily...

The Carlack/Colli combo's which Tim sells are awesome for 'beginners' - give the 476S deal a try :)