ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

melted brake reservoir??

clio 182
my brake reservoir cap has melted on the the reservoir, this normal?

still got the heat shield on the bulkhead and standard 182 manifold...

BG 182 FF
Found the same problem with mine today, looks like the lid has deformed somehow and now won't budge. Someone has attacked it with some grips or something previously as it won't budge now.

Doea anyone know if the reservoir is just push fit to the master cylinder as it looks like i'll need to drain the fluid a bit, remove the reservoir and fit a new one?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i believe it is simply pushed into the cylinder so i dont think changing it will be much of an issue, but it may be worth addressing why this has happened as i dont think its a very common occurance, and definatley not normal!! lol

BG 182 FF
It's hard to tell if it's heat damage or simply been butchered by someone trying to get the lid off previously. It's certainly been attacked by someone without much luck. All the heat shielding is still in place.

Would the reservoir be 182 specific or is it the same across the range?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I've seen this plenty of times in the past, it's not that abnormal

Brand new reservoir is £18.35
Brand new cap is £9.42

Inferno 182 & Saxo
cheers for the advice, timing should be fine (was done at BTM) and i've not had the problem before now which I thought i would have come across. What I did find is some melted red plastic stuck to the manifold and heat shield so my theory is during the MOT over the weekend the tester has left something, maybe an inspection light or whatever, near on on the manifold and its caught fire and melted the lid and bits of itself to the manifold.