ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MESH PC/Lap Tops...

ST
Right..

I need a lap top to replace my broken ACER 5600, the lap top will be used for general everyday tasks in my shop, documents, email, surfing, internet radio/tv at times too.

I was looking at this one: http://www.meshcomputers.com/Defaul...CTVIEWPAGE&USG=PRODUCT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=224991

It seems pretty well spec'd for the money considering i don't need it for ultra quick gaming etc.

Does anyone own a MESH PC/Lap top, if so what are they like in terms of customer service, return/repairs etc.

Thanks for any info.

Alan.

A red missile
I've had 3 machines from Mesh, never had a problem, my last one developed a hardware fault after 6 months (graphics card went tits up) and they sent out a courier to collect it, repaired it and got it back to me in 4 days. Always found them helpfull when i've rung to get them to talk about changing components on a new build.

One other thing that impressed me, when i changed from my first to my second machine I only bought a tower and was intending to swap over CD-Rom/CD Writer/floppy (yes it was a while ago) so asked for a tower without them, they put them in anyway to install windoze and didn't charge me for them, not a huge amount but it gave me a warm fuzzy glow.

RB 182
I would never recommend them to anyone personally, had a bad experience that never got resolved and poor communication.

Had a problem with the RAM, wrong sort sent (I told them I would fit RAM instead of send it and not having it for weeks) so they were going to send some more. But by that time it wasn't in warranty so didn't send the new RAM and get the fault sorted so I now have 1Gb of RAM instead of 2Gb in my laptop. So the fault that was a problem within the warranty period wasn't resolved.

Apple laptop next for me.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
As it's not doing anything hard i'd go for a reliable one over performance, guessing the documents are important? My cronkey 4 year old toshiba would do all those tasks.

mk1 172
Not a bad word to say about them. I had a machine, hard drive went, just before the end of the three year warranty, came out next day and replaced it. Also changed the power supply as the engineer felt it was a bit noisy. Didn't cost me a penny!

Had them at my old work to, they were all good machines too.

They get my vote

ST
As it's not doing anything hard i'd go for a reliable one over performance, guessing the documents are important? My cronkey 4 year old toshiba would do all those tasks.

Yes mate pretty much tho at times i'll be taking the lap top on trips etc so it'll have to be able to do a fair bit of multi media tasks..

Thanks for the views so far guys..

Keep them coming..

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i have had no experience of mesh, but i would recommend my Dell laptop.

has been faultless through it's hard life so far, plus i found it to be the best value and i could spec exactly what i wanted and it came out cheapest.

But then i have only bought 1 laptop in my entire life. But i would definetely buy from Dell again.

A4 Avant
+1 for Dell. Mine hadn't had a single probleam in 16 months. My next one shall be from there.

You seem to get more for your money from them.

MY10 R35 GTR
Dell are good, you can spec up a laptop of ur choice but can be a bit pricey.

I've got a Fujitsu Siemans one. Does the job for web browsing etc tec Under £500.

Octavia VRS
I could maybe get you a deal on a Dell laptop through work as they are our suppliers. Let me know the spec you're wanting son and I'll check on Monday.

Only ever had one issue with a Dell laptop and an engineer was there the next day to sort it.

Clio 182
Right..

I need a lap top to replace my broken ACER 5600, the lap top will be used for general everyday tasks in my shop, documents, email, surfing, internet radio/tv at times too.

I was looking at this one: http://www.meshcomputers.com/Defaul...CTVIEWPAGE&USG=PRODUCT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=224991

It seems pretty well spec'd for the money considering i don't need it for ultra quick gaming etc.

Does anyone own a MESH PC/Lap top, if so what are they like in terms of customer service, return/repairs etc.

Thanks for any info.

Alan.

What's your budget? :)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Sod the Dell Inspirons, if you're looking for a workhorse laptop just get a £300 Vostro. The one you've listed is fairly powerful and way overkill for just tossing about in Word and on the Internet. As it's a work one go for a cheaper base but with a 3yr NBD support or something. What use is pretty pictures and the ability to load Word 0.000001 seconds faster if when it breaks your business stops for a week or two while it's away being fixed?

ST
Right..

Thanks for any info.

Alan.

What's your budget? :)

£600 matey..

Clio 182
Then go for a Dell, either a cheaper workhose model like Mike posted, or a better-specced one. Either way it's the best value for your money.