ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mid-Wales Drive

Had a good day today and it was nice to finally enjoy a bit of sunshine.
My friend and I decided to take my Clio for a spin around the Elan Valley and a few other places so I thought I'd upload a few photos. :)
There's so much to see in Mid-Wales and so much stunning scenery to take in. I've just uploaded a few snaps but the camera does the scenery no justice.

DSC_0245_zpsf825d026.jpg

DSC_0253_zps914885e0.jpg

DSC_0256_zpsf2dad2a4.jpg

DSC_0265_zpsdb1fdd33.jpg

DSC_0276_zpsd15aca3a.jpg

DSC_0281_zps7368b3e4.jpg

DSC_0284_zpsc7b4ed42.jpg

DSC_0291_zps6d26249a.jpg

Then we found some old furnace type thing so we had a quick walk around there.

DSC_0307_zps757ad1fd.jpg

DSC_0309_zpsff78c5f9.jpg

DSC_0311_zpsa614c26c.jpg

DSC_0320_zpsc772ef42.jpg

Last shot of the day before we called it a day and turned around.

DSC_0323_zps85f11c68.jpg

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Love it round there, usually head up once a year with a few mates, epic roads and scenery.

RB 182 FF
Lovely photos, I live here and yes the roads are awesome hence me owning my 182 :) You went a fair old way to be fair! The last shot is one of the most epic views on a clear day, you can see Snowdonia from the viewing point!

Cheers for the comments!
Yeah we did go a fair way. We hammed the car a bit and emptied the tank. I'm ashamed to admit it's the first time I've taken the Clio up that far.
My friend lives in Carmarthen and spends every available hour in looking for new roads but it reached a point where we decided we couldn't be arsed to go all the way to North Wales. On days out like this I normally leave an OBD data logger running so I can track my speed/route etc but neglected to do it this time. Gutted. :(

After this day out I've decided that:

a) My car is too oversprung and under-damped - makes it a bit harder to place
b) I could do with a set of Ferodo 2500s, braided lines and a bleed

Tomh182

ClioSport Club Member
  S3 8P
That looks stunning! Any idea what that dam is called? Car looks spot on too.

RB 182 FF
I'm not sure on the name of the dam, but the area is called Elan Valley. I would urge anyone close enough to go up there, it's awesome on a nice day! :) Just to let you all know my brother is part of a local classic car restoration business called 'King of Cool' classic cars and they restore anything that is 'Cool' in the car world! They are holding an open day and a tour of Elan Valley on the August bank holiday so you are all welcome! I believe the Petrolhead Nirvana group will be attending so should be an awesome day if the weather is on our side! :D http://www.kingofcool.co.uk/

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That looks stunning! Any idea what that dam is called? Car looks spot on too.
The first dam pic is the "Elan Valley dam" and the second one is the "Pen y garregdam" Try google searching "River Elan" or "Caban coch reservoir" for more info on the place.
msremmert I see you've been scouting the route for the 6th, Good man! looks like you had a top day out.

I'm not sure on the name of the dam, but the area is called Elan Valley. I would urge anyone close enough to go up there, it's awesome on a nice day! :) Just to let you all know my brother is part of a local classic car restoration business called 'King of Cool' classic cars and they restore anything that is 'Cool' in the car world! They are holding an open day and a tour of Elan Valley on the August bank holiday so you are all welcome! I believe the Petrolhead Nirvana group will be attending so should be an awesome day if the weather is on our side! :D http://www.kingofcool.co.uk/

We're holding our own meet and drive on the 6th if you fancy tagging along bud. There's a post up here. http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...Rhayader-Sunday-6th-April-200-miles-of-tarmac Heading through all of elan valley.

Renault Clio RS 200T
Beautiful scenery, just looked at the area on Google Earth, fantastic for a day out and the sunshine makes all the difference.
Not had my car out much 200T a druggie who has made our lives a misery or one of his mates (no proof yet!) keyed my car complete boot rear quarter, passenger door drivers door, gutted but never forgotten. Anyway nice pictures and article.

Renault Clio RS 200T

Great web site, wish I lived nearby reckon they could do a good job of my keyed 200T, it's Liquid Yellow, so going to be a costly job.

RB 182 FF
I may well do that Filters cheers, we may cross paths that day anyway and should be pretty cool with the Petrolhead Nirvana guys with Ferrari's and Lambo's etc.... :D P.s. Gutted for you Ian suds what absolute sh itz would want to do that? Nightmare colour to get right as well! :dapprove:

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well the Welsh meet on the 6th will be covering some class roads like this. :)
I headed up and actually did the route myself today, it's a great route Filters has planned.

I forking love the roads up there and this thread doesn't help matters!
So much so that I'm seriously debating whether to ignore my GP's advice or not. Starting to get cabin fever!

Managed to drive down to SJM Automotive and back last week, was sore for days after (the other chap working down there with Dan looked disgusted at my gammy knee) but did my head a world of good getting out of the house for a change.
Taking the car back down on Monday for a map tweak and a few other bits and bobs. If I'm equally as sore driving down and back then I'll keep to the advice given. If not though I plan on attending with a "co-driver" and throwing the docs advice out of the window....genuinely cannot handle sitting around doing fork all any longer!

I forking love the roads up there and this thread doesn't help matters!
So much so that I'm seriously debating whether to ignore my GP's advice or not. Starting to get cabin fever!

Managed to drive down to SJM Automotive and back last week, was sore for days after (the other chap working down there with Dan looked disgusted at my gammy knee) but did my head a world of good getting out of the house for a change.
Taking the car back down on Monday for a map tweak and a few other bits and bobs. If I'm equally as sore driving down and back then I'll keep to the advice given. If not though I plan on attending with a "co-driver" and throwing the docs advice out of the window....genuinely cannot handle sitting around doing fork all any longer!

Well you're welcome to jump in my 182. :)