ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

minimum disk size for brembo 4 pots?

Now stripped 172 cup
Does anyone know what the minimum disk dimensions are for Brembo 4 pot callipers? Ive searched for hours online and cannot find an answer anywhere. Just need the minimum diameter and thickness if possible....

Thanks!

Cup In bits
If your talking about 197/225 megane brembos then I wouldn't go much smaller than a 280mm disk, thats what I run and its suited quite well. Different calipers have different acceptable disk sizes though.

406 brembos you could get away with 295mm but good luck finding some:) hence why its eaiser sticking to 300mm on that paticular setup.

Now stripped 172 cup
406 brembos you could get away with 295mm but good luck finding some:) hence why its eaiser sticking to 300mm on that paticular setup.
Sorry, yes they are 406 Brembo's.... I stumbled accross a peugeot 306 forum after i wrote this that said 283 x 26mm disks can be used... seems a bit small to me though?!

Now stripped 172 cup
I was under the impression that the Meg / Alfa Romeo / Peugeot Brembo's were all a standard caliper?

Cup In bits
Yeah they are all a standard fitted caliper made by brembo, 406 brembos are a bit mehhh and megane225/clio 197 brembos arer a proper radial mounted caliper. 283mm will be fine with with such a small caliper.