ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire

Clio 182
Hi,
I've noticed a slight misfire around the 1500rpm mark. The car is pretty much standard bar a decat and aftermarket system. Any ideas appreciated! Cheers

Clio 182
It didn't. I've had the system on for a while now and it has an RS Tuning map. My assumptions are front lambda or HT Leads?

PH2 172
It didn't. I've had the system on for a while now and it has an RS Tuning map. My assumptions are front lambda or HT Leads?

Does it misfire regardless of throttle position?Leads/plugs tend to play up under heavy loads.Looked at the air filter lately?

172/ Mini Cooper 68
My 172 had a really bad misfire all through the range when I bought it off the previous owner, who thought it was serious so sold it cheap, changed HT leads and the put in new NGK plugs misfire sorted, just fixing all the other problems, but should start there first. Good luck hope it turns out to be an easy fix! :)

Beaten up 182
Mine was missing when I bought it. I found the leads were loose (probably original) the plugs were wrong and there was corrosion on one of the caps on the coil pack. I rectified these and she runs smooth, well about as smooth as a 182 gets!

Clio 182
Cheers guys! My plugs were fine. But I will try a different set of leads and coilpack and let you's know how it goes!

PH2 172
Cheers guys! My plugs were fine. But I will try a different set of leads and coilpack and let you's know how it goes!

?Did you read the plugs,were they all the same colour? I`d bang in a new set anyway and replace the manifold gaskets.