ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

missing her more than i thought

Sinclair C5

It is 4 weeks now since I have not driven my Clio, Long story but the Alternator broke and having recieved Renaults hideous quote to fix it of £795 (5 days out of warrantly) I embarked on finding the parts myself and abit of DIY. I have successfully sourced all the parts but then have had to go to China with work.

If youre still with me back to the main point, Its embarrassing to say but im getting quite exited about driving it again because its seems so long ago, I keep thinking about the first time I will drive it again and am so looking forward to giving it some stick !

Anyone else had any time away from their loved one and how did they cope?

:oops:

H22A7 Accord Type R

mine has been away for a few weeks now!!! I am missing it! Dont know if it will be coming back or not.........we shall see!!

Sinclair C5

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 04 August 2005

?? i can do you a 172 alternator for £40 + vat - takes 20 minutes to fit.
Ive got all the parts now thanks, but I didnt pay £40, more like £140 but that was for the tension pulley, belt etc. aswell.

I wouldnt be suprised if one could be changed in 20 minutes, its taking the bumper off etc. that takes the rest of the time!

Just for the record Renault quoted me 3 hours labour.

Should have asked the dealership about a goodwill gesture from Renault if is only that far out of warently. I wouldnt be suprised if they payed 50% or more of the cost.

Racing Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by R3OBC on 04 August 2005

mine has been away for a few weeks now!!! I am missing it! Dont know if it will be coming back or not.........we shall see!!
Why whats happened to your car?

This sounds familar...

Broke down on the 25th July, towed to the garage on the 26th, looked at on the 28th, parts arrived on the 29th fitted on the 1st Aug and collected that evening.

Took 7 days to diagnose, supply and fit a new alternator and battery. Luckily (kind of) that the alternator was less than 4 months old and so was covered by their parts guarantee.

Was glad to have her back though :D

£76 was the damage.

Funnily enough Ive Spent 50% of the last year (coming and going), in China. The thing I miss the most is driving my Clio, that sounds crazy but theres a lot of things to like about being in China !!

Every time I get back, recover from the trip, then go out for a damn good thrash on my favorite roads. Dont be embarressed :)

Where in China are you ?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Youre not mad at all...theres plenty of us out there it seems...

When I went away for a week in June, by the end of the second day Id pissed my Wife off as I was talking about driving it so much.

When we finally got back and pulled into the drive I was like a little kid, ran inside, got the keys, ran out, climbed in, started it up, stroked it, turned it off, went back inside, then over the rest of the day I was looking out the window at it every five minutes.

The drive to work that Monday morning was the best ever.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

Mines been in scine wednesday morning with a falutly xenon starter pack, they got deleievr the wrong part so after that i get her back tonight im rather looking forward to it.

Sinclair C5

Quote: Originally posted by Jonathan on 05 August 2005

Funnily enough Ive Spent 50% of the last year (coming and going), in China. The thing I miss the most is driving my Clio, that sounds crazy but theres a lot of things to like about being in China !!

Every time I get back, recover from the trip, then go out for a damn good thrash on my favorite roads. Dont be embarressed :)

Where in China are you ?
My company is based in Beijing which is were i spend alot of my time but at the moment im in Taiyuan, I know what you mean about plenty of things to like ;)

2005 Impreza WRX STI

im the same with mine, i clean it more or less every week and drive it twice if im lucky!lol i walk to work so only use it on a weekend! it just sits there lookin pretty! i get all giddy when i jump in :D