ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 advice - Dynamique, Expression, Authentique etc?!?

al

ST on the way...
cliobuyer said:
I saw an in Initiale yesterday night, think i've only seen 3! I think they have some pimped out spec.

All them leather bits, lights in the bottom of the doors etc.

Wouldn't swap my Dynamique for one tho, they handle like a bag 'o' shite!! ;)

172 cup
my extreme interior :D...

008.jpg
009.jpg

BMW M135i
The later extreme 4 and possibly the extreme 3 don't come with alloys as standard. Infact thier mising quite a few things from the dynamique spec, whereas the extreme 1 was pretty much a dynamique with a coloured interior.

^^^ Quite like that one tbh. The red dash strips look quite good actually.

172 cup
Clio 1.216v Dynamique said:
You dont get such big wheels on Extremes as Dynamiques do you> sAw a Extreme the other dat tyres and wheels look so small

?? :p all tires are different on cars. i just bought bigger one's (17"s) :D

BMW M4; S1000 RR
bmh.01 said:
Diesels are all well and good if they suit you which to me they don't, I don't like the power delivery or the lack of revs and can't stand the noise. It does sound like a tractor whatever you say and i've driven plenty of more expensive diesels not just the renault one and not one of them has sounded any good, yes the surge of torque you get with them is great too, until it dies about 1/2k rpm later.

Just pootering around in them is fine and you can't argue with the fuel consumption in any way, but when you want some fun they just don't float my boat. I would only ever have one if it were a company car or I somehow had to do stupid miles and to be honest i'd still begrudge it then.

And that's why you have them remapped, gets rid of all the flat spots and turns it into a new engine.

BMW M135i
Which leaves you with no revs and the noise, seriously there is pretty much no way in their current state that I will appreaciate a diesel for anything other than a economical cruiser or a towing car its just my opinion on it and its going to take a lot to change it.
I'm not being ignorant they just don't suit me and I don't like them, never have.

If its not a problem to you then their brilliant i'm sure.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
bmh.01 said:
Which leaves you with no revs and the noise, seriously there is pretty much no way in their current state that I will appreaciate a diesel for anything other than a economical cruiser or a towing car its just my opinion on it and its going to take a lot to change it.
I'm not being ignorant they just don't suit me and I don't like them, never have.

Are you going to Donny South this sunday BMH ???

Chocolate Bar™
bmh.01 said:

ever had a go in a good diesel? they arent what they used to be, i'd get a high powered diesel over a 197 anyday, for example ibiza cupra comes with 160 bhp and 330 torque, almost double a 182 for the same price. With a 300 quid remap you can get 175 bhp, and a bucket full of torque, which would comfortably take a 172 in gear anyday of the week.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
What's that then ??

The reason I ask is Gumball3000 have a stand at Donny. And my cousin will be there with his diesel. Hopefully it shall win a few of the races against the other gumball cars.

I'm sure there will be some footage available anyway.

bmh.01 said:

I reckon I could change your mind there fella. If your ever in Bedfordshire drop me a PM and i'll take you out in the Gentleman's Lounge on wheels aka the Espace - it rocks!

al said:
The 3.0 V6 DCi in the Espace is brill! Doesn't handle badly for a bus either! ;)

It's f**king excellent for a bus, but it doesn't perform to well on the consumption front (av. 25mpg) and the superchip just makes it even more encourage-able, you find yourself trying to up set everyone, lol.

Oh, and the £80 to fill it is a little off putting too:(

al

ST on the way...
Not bothered about MPG when ragging a dealers car ;) lol

Grand scenic with the 1.9 DCi wasn't bad either.

Mazda MX5 1.8
i was astonished to find out my gfs brothers 1.2 extreme (iirc) doesnt even have a trip computer let alone fog lights

really basic

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
bmh.01 said:
The later extreme 4 and possibly the extreme 3 don't come with alloys as standard. Infact thier mising quite a few things from the dynamique spec, whereas the extreme 1 was pretty much a dynamique with a coloured interior.

^^^ Quite like that one tbh. The red dash strips look quite good actually.

Extreme 3 comes with wheeltrims standard.

my mums got a standard Extreme 4 with no optional extras and shes got alloys, trip computer, colourcoded bumpstrips and spoiler etc etc looks like a dynamique but has no rear speakers, no electric mirrors, no air recirculation, colourcoded interior with a cheapo rear bench with no headrests and cheapo headrests in the front (not adjustable ones like mine has)

saying that though ive got an Expression (aka. cup!) with a lot of dynamique parts (interior, spoiler, wheels etc etc all added by me) and would never swap it for a dynamique as mine is a fast 1, yet to find another one that mine wont pull on :)