ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Ph2 1.2 Project

Mk2 Ph2
Well may aswell start a thread as im on here most the time:rasp:

This is how my car was when i bought it
SP_A0842.gif

Then i got myself some 6x9's as the previous owner left holes from where they had theres
SP_A0845-1.gif

SP_A0844.gif

Then got about getting some alloys and got a set from someone from another club.
SP_A0916.gif

100_0581.gif

(Has no sidestrips as someone crashed into me but was soon sorted)
SP_A0952.gif

then started doing little touches to make it a tad nicer :)
SP_A0951.gif

SP_A0950.gif

SP_A0956.gif

30cvtqu.jpg

Also purchased a HID conversion kit from MT AUDIO
And my to do list is
Coilovers
RS Grill
Colour Code
And other things i can think of lol
Comments;)

1.2 dynamique
awsome awsome looking car, got a 12 aswell just started out my project thread
ironically i think your car would look good tinted a little bit

Mk2 Ph2
awsome awsome looking car, got a 12 aswell just started out my project thread
ironically i think your car would look good tinted a little bit

cheers, the rear three windows are tinted but not really dark, just a good % id say lol badly needs lowered tho :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Shocker sticker, 6x9's and ride height is spoiling it ATM. Nothing a bit of a tidy can't solve though.

Mk2 Ph2
Few more little updates
neci7a.jpg

2zh1mol.jpg

Not the good stuff like everyones on here but mehh, it was free :approve:

Mk2 Ph2
De-wipered it today, was a cnut of a job wouldnt come off used wd-40 etc so settled to using the hacksaw, looks not bad.
2dc8sra.jpg

LY R26
coming along mate, get those coileys! oh and have you thought about painting the boot button the colour of your car so the diamond actually looks like a diamond?

Mk2 Ph2
coming along mate, get those coileys! oh and have you thought about painting the boot button the colour of your car so the diamond actually looks like a diamond?

Sound like a good idea, yupp im saving for the coileys deffos getting them tho look amazing!

LY R26
yeah they are good for the price mate, im getting custom springs for the rears that are lower though, if your ever in dundee let me know and il let you see what they are like if you havent bought them at the time mate.

Mk2 Ph2
little update,

Got it lowered today eventually, got rokkor coilovers and tbh since av had them ive had nothin but bad luck lol
first i couldnt get the rear bolt out the bottom of the shocks so i got garage to loosen them and that was that,
so i got home to set about lowering the back as it was loosend and realised i left my alloy wheel lock on y wheel
whilst goin to the garage and that was lost so i hammered a socket onto each wheel lock and they came off :D
Went to do the front and couldnt get them bolts loosend another trip to the garage and just got them set up there
£50 to set the fronts up cant argue with that :) Was a laugh seein them trying to get it off the ramp, So thats it
all done will upload pics later :D
And must i say they coilovers are VERY bouncy, Oh the joys :)

Last edited:
  Mk2 Ph2
Well heres some pics not the best will take better ones when it has had a good clean :)
DSC00113.gif

DSC00112.gif

DSC00111.gif

Photo0552.gif

DSC00103.gif

The front could maybe be doing with a bit more lows!
And something else i done, not too sure if i like it tho lol
DSC00099.gif

Last edited:
  1.2 daily +172 ph1
I had this problem with mine... my Rokkor coilys put on Saturday and sme thing happend but this was due to strut not being square with the holes.
Just a quik Losen up and a quik tap square in to place. Yours may Be different.

Mk2 Ph2
i'm getting my camber and toe sorted out foned a few places and getting it done for £30 not so bad, + the steering is s**t the now so it badly needs done lol

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Mine was the sme i couldnt be arsed to pay a s**t loads of money just put on and ajust up square. Notthing a you couldnt do your self.
Ive done mine way to low i keep scraping on every speed bump.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
snap... i like what you've done to this, i may have to copy the coilovers like :D can i be cheeky and ask what the colour code is? mines scratched off ha did you find wrapping the interior inserts was difficult? im considering changing them

Mk2 Ph2
cheers mate, i'll get the code next time am out at the car for you, the interior bits where a piece os piss aslong as you have a hair dryer to heat it up it stretches around the curved bits alot easier. dont know what else i want to do to the car lol was going to colour code it but might just leave it as it is and save up for a 172 or a fiesta st :)

Mk2 Ph2
well, looking to sell this in a few months, going to be getting a fiesta st i think, just wondering if anyone knew how much roughly this is worth
Should i sell it as it is? or put it back to standard?
its a 1.2 16v dynamique 51 plate with 83,000 miles on it its had 8 owners flol and no service history
comments welcome
cheers;)

Last edited:
  Jap Box
well, looking to sell this in a few months, going to be getting a fiesta st i think, just wondering if anyone knew how much roughly this is worth
Should i sell it as it is? or put it back to standard?
its a 1.2 16v dynamique 51 plate with 83,000 miles on it its had 8 owners flol and no service history
comments welcome
cheers;)

Wll you be selling with MOT & Tax?

Got my PH1 with 12months MOT, tax and 3 months warranty for £750, mines had 3 owners though and done 124,000 also no service history.

Private sale maybe around £900mark? just because of the high owners and no history. Pure guess though.

Id put it up on pistonheads and here first if you get nothing return it to standard and do it local or something :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Nice I like what you've done. Any particular reason your going for an FST?

DCi 100
Some decent photo's would help the car look ALOT better online I gotta say!

Looks like a decent car, just keep it clean and plenty of meg's endurance on those tires having black wheels!

Mk2 Ph2
yes will be selling with mot and tax, i will get better pics for the sale, jus twant something with more power was thinkin 172 but i think the fst looks really good, always likes them :) cheers :p

Megane 3 Coupe
where did you get the coilovers from? Also what distance apart are the bolts? I've seen a set on ebay with 58mm but I dont know if thats what mine are or if i'd need to do a conversion.

Cheers

Mk2 Ph2
Change of plan, keeping car for a bit longer till i find a good 172 ph1, anywayyy small update, got some renault sport seats fitted today thatnks to fletch, and also got some 25mm spacers and camber bolts to go on for extra lows, will get pics up when i can be bothered fitting spacers and bolts cause its freezing lol :)

Mk2 Ph2
Aye was thinkin bout that or carbon wrapping it not sure yet tho will probs have a go at colour coding it myself.