ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 phase 2 glovebox front?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Can you remove the front/lid of a mk2 phase 2 glovebox? My mates is scratched to hell but it appears to be part of the dash.
Could the rivets underneath not be removed and refitted?
Ben

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Thats what I was thinking Bio'. But i'm not sure if Matta88 (the seller) is willing to potentially destroy a full dash for the sake of a glovebox front.

BMW 330D
i hope they can be removed and anotha fitted. I managed to break the handle on mine and cant get another handle on without breaking it.Gonna pick a new glovebox lid up tomorrow.

Titanium 182
I put something excessively large in mine and now the doors bent a little bit :(

**Do not quote and edit for sexual innuendos**

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
My glovebox compartment has snapped off from the bottom plastic bit, and now have no lid. How exactly am i going to replace this?

sorry i meant pot rivets or whatever they are called,just need to drill them out,get a new lid,then fit new rivets or spose you could use screws with a nut

The "arms" on the inside of the glovebox still go into the dash though even if you did take the rivets off. How does it completly come off?

As above. Its held by pop rivets, so get the right drill size, drill them out. Wiggle door off. Place new door on, rivet back on.

Good stuff, cheers! :)

WIll ask see how much a new one is from Renault tomorrow, will probably be outrageous!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
cliospares will send the whole lower dash,lol....but they owe me one at the mo as they said the one was sending me was mint, and it had tonessss of scratches! going to try and get my glove box scratches off myself, or at least make them less noticable!