ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 1.2 Turbo Mayonnaise special

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hello was hoping for some help.

My mates GFs car has broke we think. This morning the dash went mad and threw up an oil pressure fault:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336637001.974056.jpg

So she stopped and turned the car off. My mates had a look inside the oil filler cap and found this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336637105.036540.jpg

Now my 1.2 always had a bit of white stuff around the oil cap but nothing like this.

Luckily it's still in warranty from the dealer so will see what happens but has anyone got any initial thoughts as to what it could be?

TIA

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If its still under warranty, don't drive it!

Just get it into a dealer. If there is no oil pressure and you drive it, you could fubar the engine good and proper.

Imp Blue Mk5 ZS
If its still under warranty, don't drive it!

Just get it into a dealer. If there is no oil pressure and you drive it, you could fubar the engine good and proper.

Done. Dealership was just under a mile from where she had stopped luckily

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I can't really make out from the picture, is that lining the pipe or is it actually full up with that s**t?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The worse thing is it's an Evans Halshaw dealer. :headno: I'm awaiting the comical excuse that it's somehow wear and tear.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
The worse thing is it's an Evans Halshaw dealer. :headno: I'm awaiting the comical excuse that it's somehow wear and tear.

"Yeah Renault have this new type of oil they use, it's a special long life one . . . it's fine, Love. Would you like to buy some mats?"

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Would have had a problem sooner then. BS I reckon.

Did you or anyone else check the other symptoms of head gasket failure?

A lot of condensation maybe getting in from a leaky seal?

EDIT: Actually it can be a symptom of too much oil, but I still think it would have happened earlier.

Last edited:
  328, MK1 Clio 1.4
And the oil pressure warning is probably because it is clogging the breather system somewhere?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I've just rang Mick and he's called bullshit on the dealers part.

Going to tell her to ask for an oil pressure test at the block and at the turbo then get it in writing that there are no problems with it.

Gray it was the same dealer who serviced it.

A ANIMAL
WTF?

I had a similar substance when air was getting into the powersteering system, but that was in in PAS resevoir. Too much oil would never do that. Big LULz.

Petrol Blue 182.
possibly risk sounding dumb here, but would over filling the engine with oil chuck aload of blue smoke out the back?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
They can't check the oil pressure cause there's too much oil in it pmsl

WTF?

I had a similar substance when air was getting into the powersteering system, but that was in in PAS resevoir. Too much oil would never do that. Big LULz.

It can cause that. If it reaches the level of the crankshaft it can whip the oil up into a foam, which could be what that is. That is a lot too much oil though.

A ANIMAL
It can cause that. If it reaches the level of the crankshaft it can whip the oil up into a foam, which could be what that is. That is a lot too much oil though.

Point well made, i should clarify: it would have to be a massive amount of overfilling on the oil, but that would kick up a fault right away, shirly?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Point well made, i should clarify: it would have to be a massive amount of overfilling on the oil, but that would kick up a fault right away, shirly?

Yeah that's right, it would have to be seriously overfilled to reach the crankshaft, which is why what the dealer said is bullshit as it would have happened when she was driving it home after the service, not after 2 months.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I've got it in writing that oil pressure is fine. They put the correct amount of oil in and said to bring it back if anymore problems

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The oil pressure fault could have been high pressure then?

No, it's an oil pressure switch not an oil pressure sensor... It can only see when oil pressure drops below a preset value.

Luke, that mayo build up is normal in a tCe which is why you have to remove te remote filler tube and clean it when servicing. The wife's is exactly the same mate.

So they put it in writing that it's safe but did they give you the actual refunds at the pressure switch and turbo feeds?

Mick

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Reet Mick!

They claimed they didn't have the equipment to do a physical test so she's paying for a 3rd party one. May as well for what they cost.

The wrote a full explanation of what the fault was and what they did to rectify it. Draining the oil has kept the problem away for now though

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
LoL at the main dealer not having an oil pressure test kit... They must employ a fictional writer in that franchise to come up with these excuses. I wonder what they do when a Clio with a DPO auto box comes in with shifting problems.

As long as its checked and confirmed as being on the money then it's money we'll spent. If its not I'd drag the service manager to hell and back.