ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modified Storm Grey 200....

Clio 200
Hello all

Just thought i would say hello

I have owned a few warm/hot hatches in the last few years ranging from Mountuned Fiesta ST's, Impreza P1, Focus ST2 etc

I have been an active member on clio200.net for over 18 months now and thought id see what its like on this forum too

I puchased my 200 back in May 2011 straight out the showrrom as they were having truble selling the car due to the colour. It came with the Storm Grey Paint, Recaros, Deep Black Roof and the Speedlines

I had the bonnet wrapped black but i soon got bored of it

Within a short while i loved the handling but wanted a bit more noise so out came the Akrapovic Evo exhaust system that i think is great. Awesome bit of kit. This was also paired with a uprated panel filter

Few pics from Snetterton
rtdtt3.jpg

2ztewid.gif

Few vids from Snetterton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfCJ4YGE33I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kymGs331ccc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2qSSOpEAMg

A few track days later on the standard setup with the FF suspension it was time for an upgrade in that department too. I opted to go for the Cup dampers with the revised Eibach spring for the newer smaller topmounts. This lowered the car a bit and firmed up the handling. I certainly noticed an inprovement with this setup. I also upgraded the pads all round to DS2500s

214qb2f.jpg

2lk6xad.jpg

Next on the list was new tyres as i didnt think to much to the Conti CS3 that came with the car as standard. im sure they are a good tyre but they just didnt suit my driving style. After doing a bit of research i went for the Yokohama AD08s. had these for over a year now and just about the replace the fronts. Again, these were phenomenal on track and very compliant for daily use too

Car stayed as it was for a while untill i upgraded the bulbs and also wanted to break up the mass of black on the front end so i dismantles the bumper and took to wrapping the splitter blade in white carbon vynil along with the badge backing. I also had my front diamond, rear diamond and side bullets plasti-dipped in matte black

vravfd.jpg

ae8bnl.jpg

a9peex.jpg

Few more track days later i had to make a few more upgrades as i handed a beating to my discs and pads at cadwell in 28 degree heat. Off to K-Tec a few weeks ago for their 330mm Perfomance Friction 2 peice setup. I also swapped the original brake line for braided versions, swapped the fluid for Motul RBF660 and also had a new set of DS2500 pads

While there i also got them to fit the KW V3 setup as i wanted a bit more control over the handling when on track but also retain everyday compiance for the crap road that we have in the uk....huge improvement over the cup setup

of1p5f.jpg

24orqk3.jpg

2mocv0h.jpg

Next up was mapping. went in with 195bhp on its 1st power run and it was tweeked to 207bhp on its final run. Very strong car from the outset. all them miles have worked well for me i think.

35cmxaq.jpg

Lastly i have just been back to K-Tec to have the 1st production induction kit fitted (these should be available from monday 11th) I love this bit of kit. the noise from 5k onwards makes you think that there is a set of throttle boddies under the bonnet. It was also mapped again when it was there and it now producing a healthy 214bhp.....and thats without the use of cams :)
359bcaw.jpg

qn69ed.jpg

I hope to see some of you on track soon

Regards

Kenny

Last edited:
  Clio 200
I think I paid 129 for the whole day

I will get some more vids up tomorrow of the KTR induction lit. It sounds mental from inside. I'm interested to see what it sounds like from outside

Kenny

Clio 200
It was run at 195 with the akrapovic exhaust and panel filter. Once it was mapped it it took it to 207. Then with the induction kit and further remap took it to 214.

Anyway its just a figure. Im happy with it and love how it drives

I hope to see some other 200s on track for a 'comparison'

Clio 200
The white splitter blade thingy will be coming off soon. Gonna find something different to do to it looks wise

Let's just go on the proviso that ktec have got my car to 55bhp and everyone will be happy. Haha

Figures aside I enjoy driving it :)

Clio 200
Ahh well its all banter.

Didn't want to turbo the car. I love the fact that it screams its head off and it all under its own steam. It has a good balance of power, handling and reliability. I don't want to lose that

Tuning potential is good tho but there is just somethi.ng about a screaming NA that I love

Audi A5
Fair enough mate, I do agree with you aswell, on the road it can get abit frustrating having no torque but when on track they come alive.

Focus Tit Est & R26
thats a great looking car, the best spoiler for the 200 in my opinion
cant believe the dealer couldnt sell it in that colour though

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks superb. Glad to see its been used properly too!

Looks awesome, but 214bhp from a car that regularly doesn't quote its power, from just a remap & induction kit? Really?

The beauty of a tuning company having their own rolling road eh? ;)

E92 325D
Figures mean nothing when you're outbraking everything out on track anyway with those beasts!

Proper face through windshield material

Clio 200
See Marshall knows how my chain of thinking works. Who cares about figures when I have them brakes. Them coilovers and sticky rubber to play with.

If I remember correctly the cords vxr burg, civic type r, focus st and porsche boxter thought the same. The look on their faces when your braking 50 yarlds later than they are.

9uyzac.jpg

Lol

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL, nice work.

Usual scepticism is usual. If you're happy with how it drives, then, oddly enough, you're happy. Ignore the sceptics.

You have video of your on-track antics anywhere?