ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modifying my inside arches

Any of you boys and girls know the best way to go about modifying my inside arches, as the ET of my rims is too big and dont wanna purchase new ones ( yeah im a lazy sod ):rasp: . So could i just take a hammer to them and widen them, or is there a less barbaric way of doing this?

Any help will be appreciated

Take out the liners ??

Thats it, take out the liners? already done that but wasnt sure if it would be enough. So no need to re-shape the buggers? But without the liners isnt there a greater chance of getting hit by rust? Sorry for all the questions, just that i only got a month with the car off the road and want to get as much done as i can before its back on the streets:)

visualize whirled pe
I'm no expert on wheels and offsets. Dutty and a few others on here have quite wide wheels fitted, try pm'ing them.

All I can say is if your tyres are fouling the lip of the arch it can be ground off then rust proofed and painted, some people have the lip folded, but you really want to get a professional to sort this out. Christ knows why anyone would do this just to fit some wheels.

As Biohzrd, take the plastic arch liners out.

If the wheels rub on the suspension because the offset is wrong for your car you could fit spacers and longer bolts to push them out, but this depends on how much room on the other side you have to play with.

You could fit different profile tyres or, what I would do, flog the wheels and get some that you know will fit. :) but that's probably not what you want to hear.

whats the offset?

Mate i have no idea:S I just ordered them from the shop without paying attenion to the offset (stupid i know), but i dont know if there is like a standard offset that you get unless you ask for something specific....is there a way i can check the offset?? not really clued up when it comes to rims and that:rasp:

Golf GT & A4 Avant
whats the offset?

Mate i have no idea:S I just ordered them from the shop without paying attenion to the offset (stupid i know), but i dont know if there is like a standard offset that you get unless you ask for something specific....is there a way i can check the offset?? not really clued up when it comes to rims and that:rasp:

They should have asked you what car you had when you ordered the wheels? Then they should have checked if they came with an appropriate offset. The offset is sometimes stamped/cast on the inside face of the wheel that meets the hub