ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Morning Boys and girls Need Help!

Clio 182
Morning
Have a big problem. Swerved to avoid a pheasant yesterday and smacked a kerb.
Clio is ok apart from a the alloy and she has no gears. Will only go into 5th.
Anyone got an idea as to what may be rong?
Any help would be great. Thanks

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
The impact has knocked the selector arms out of position it is possible too fix this without stripping the box if u know wot you are doing, by removing the final drive cover and reverse switch realign selectors and refit parts

Did you go up and over the kerb? Is the car quite low?

If so you may have just knocked the gear linkage out of position/bent it, I did this when I drove over something on the motorway in my old 172, destroyed the undertray while it was at it. Just a case of adjusting it back into position or replacing it if this is the case.

Clio 182
No it is sandard and went into the kerb square with he front and back wheel. Car is fine with nothing looking damaged apart from the wheels.
Have got the end cover off the box now so just need to know how to reset the gears.

Clio 182
Give up now. Got her into a gear but f**k knows what one and the leaver is in neutral and will not move.
So gear box out time to see if I can sort it.:(

BMW M135i
I'm thinking the same thing Danny is, and theres probably a good bit of bent suspension too. Kerbs are the devil, you're going to wish you'd nailed that pheasant :(.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Sorry to hear about your problems. I hit a pheasant the other week doing about 40mph and it never ever left a mark :D so in future just hit them unless there is an RSPCA van next to you. :dapprove:

Clio 182
Have managed to reset the selector arms and seems to be working ok. :approve:
Just wish i had managed to do it before i started to take the box out. Anyway working now so may just clean and paint the subframe while its out.