ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mossy's Cars

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yeah tend to agree mate

And a reason why I have this :wink:
image.jpeg

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Car is looking transformed!!
Just a quick Q though - car was clearly owned by a smoker before, hence all the damage.
Removing burns is relatively easy, but how do you get the stench of cigarette smoke out of the car?

Hello matey, good to talking to you the other night and thanks for the kind comments :smile: Funny you should say that about the calipers as mine all need redoing as the red powder coat is flaking off - I was thinking about stripping them all, sanding blasting, powder coating and rebuilding with a rebuild kit. Oh and new decals of course.

Just my rear calipers are bubbling the fronts are spot on . I was just thinking of getting new ones to be honest i think there around £120 each .

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Car is looking transformed!!
Just a quick Q though - car was clearly owned by a smoker before, hence all the damage.
Removing burns is relatively easy, but how do you get the stench of cigarette smoke out of the car?

Horrible isn't it - I have basically now changed all seats (smoke free), new front carpet and deep cleaned the rear carpet. The one thing I haven't done is the headlining which will be have taken the hammer :( tbh now the car is smelling ok again, so may get away with it :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Just my rear calipers are bubbling the fronts are spot on . I was just thinking of getting new ones to be honest i think there around £120 each .

Not to bad then mate. I was possibly thinking about changing colour as I have just seen this:
image.png

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Thanks :smile: and yes these projects ain't cheap - I have got a full item list running and truly is amazing how much it all cost!!
That's a bad plan, I did that with the Trophy and I cried every time I updated it!! Saddest thing is I've started it all over again, with the existing receipts for the AG, and with the ones I have started accumulating, which are massively mounting up already 🙈 !!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
This is looking awesome! Loving the spoiler and the headrests alot. Your painting skills are amazing too, are you doing this at work or just at home?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
That's a bad plan, I did that with the Trophy and I cried every time I updated it!! Saddest thing is I've started it all over again, with the existing receipts for the AG, and with the ones I have started accumulating, which are massively mounting up already 🙈 !!

I started the list purely to try and keep the finances in control but now I am not sure if it was a good idea - sometimes best not to know, lol. But I enjoy doing it and I will get the car I want at the end of it - hopefully :wink:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
This is looking awesome! Loving the spoiler and the headrests alot. Your painting skills are amazing too, are you doing this at work or just at home?

Thanks Louis - all done at home, either in the garage or the kitchen, lol.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
New yellow stitch gear gaiter fitted - took about an hour to unpick the original and swap this one over using all the original staples, lol. Also turned the gaiter 180 degrees so the stitching is on show :smile:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Not to bad then mate. I was possibly thinking about changing colour as I have just seen this:
View attachment 175106

I'd stick with the red personally as i like to keep close to oem as possible . They do look nice tho mate . Have you had a tally up what you've spent on parts for the LY up to now if not sit down first :smiley: Got to say you don't mess around when it comes to a project :up:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I'd stick with the red personally as i like to keep close to oem as possible . They do look nice tho mate . Have you had a tally up what you've spent on parts for the LY up to now if not sit down first :smiley: Got to say you don't mess around when it comes to a project :up:

Thanks mate and yes going to stick with red I think - nice an oem like you say :)
Car's total is now is just shy of £6k but that's everything now bought with some parts not fitted and a large deposit put down for the meggy - which still hasn't come yet :(
On a bit of a time line as the engine work is due to start in February so wanted to get most of it done before it goes in.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks mate and yes going to stick with red I think - nice an oem like you say :smile:
Car's total is now is just shy of £6k but that's everything now bought with some parts not fitted and a large deposit put down for the meggy - which still hasn't come yet 😧
On a bit of a time line as the engine work is due to start in February so wanted to get most of it done before it goes in.

6k?! How much did you pay for the car??

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Had a crack at recovering the B pillars today. What a pain to get the originals off!!! Used a heat gun and plastic scraper to do it. I did it properly and took all window surrounds off and very careful not to bend of them as they are very fragile and crease easy.

Originals in a poor state:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Original replacements cost £50 per side :( so used some £3 fake carbon ;)
image.jpeg

Taking the old off:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Cleaned up:
image.jpeg

New applied:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Looks pretty good but the £3 roll I used had a deep crease in it where it must have marked in the post so I have some ordered more but on the hole a cheap massive improvement :)

It soon adds up though mate but if I added up my other cars - particularly the 5 GT I would get a proper shock!!!!

This is why it's always best to keep all receipts BUT not add up the totals......... I certainly don't want to know how much I've spent on my 182 in the last few months to make it minty minty LOL!

Clio F1 197 Cup
Definitely don't want to add up invoices and receipts, especially for my Mk1 MX5 that is not rusty anymore...

Loving the cheap carbon wrap through!!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I much prefer mine without that black s**t on the door pillar!

I am 100% with you on this and I would do that with mine but the passenger door has been sprayed at some point and we can see a build up of lacquer on the top of the black door decal so not going to be able to do it unless I respray the door :( which just isn't economically feasible.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Loving the cheap carbon wrap through!!

Thanks mate and wasn't sure myself before I did it. I wanted to do it properly by removing the old and all rubbers out of the way so it looked right. And tbh it does look good but as I say there was a small mark in the roll so will be done again.

It is suprising how quickly the reciepts stack up. if you are going to total them my advice is to keep them in a place the wife won't find them:tearsofjoy:😂

Lol, yes you're right there pal ;)