ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT DUE ON 27th AND CAR HAS VEY VERY HIGH CO LEVEL !help!

clio sport 172
hi guys um haveing problems converting 172 to lpg to save some money , runs a little rought on ideal ,, but noticed on petrol its got may be a slight missfire , but now relised my MOT is due on the 27th , so had a mate do a emmision test to see it had problems on lambo so could get running smoth , and worked out that my up stream was not right , so replaced it , and when back , but i still get a unstable and very sily hight co reading like 0.850 to 2.3 top figer (is gess) and limit is 0.300 and has to hold for min of 30sec to pass , dose nay one know what could be doing this , get ing new lambo for down stream tomorw , an think els could be ?

Mk5 golf gti
lpg? lol

dont bother the f4r is a very economical engine
or thrash the tits of it to clear it just before emissions test

i wont mention your writing skills but someone else will ;)

clio sport 172
ok so what solution should i try, for sorting miss fire , and all so gettign it to pass an mot with a lower er reading . we tryed holding it at 6500rpm for a wile towards then end of getting the reading and still was not stable enought to get a pass "would have to do it al day and maybe might get a 30sec reading at some point but prob not " recoment to try new second lambor if not could be cat was said , what do people think to try to get some where

clio sport 172
its prob in need of oil change as over due i think for that , oh i did get a funny erro coda the other day
po711 powertrain tft sensor vircuit range performance
p0300 random missfire , but onl had this once , but you can here it not quite running somoth and engin dose have a like shudderr

had p0420 a lot over that last year but put down to , a dieing cat to mainfold kit, weather any on thisa is relevent

clio sport 172
Re: MOT DUE ON 27th AND CAR HAS VERY VERY HIGH CO LEVEL !help!
its prob in need of oil change as over due i think for that , oh i did get a funny erro code the other day
po711 powertrain tft sensor circuit range performance
p0300 random missfire , but only had this once , but you can here it not quite running smooth and engine dose have a like shudder

had p0420 a lot over that last year but put down to , a dieing cat to manifold kit, whether any on this is relevent.

Edited :S. Sorry. Bad speller

Skoda Fabia vRS
seriously ?.........thats edited, it still doesnt make much sense

are you telling us you have a bad seal between the cat and manifold ?..........is it leaking ?........if so this wont help things at all, get it sorted

like danny says though the misfire needs sorting, has your car ever had the plugs changed, ever had a coil pack etc ?

260% JCW
Items such as Distributor caps, HT Leads, Rotor arms, Coils etc. can appear to be perfectly serviceable but cause problems when running on LPG. This is because LPG / Air mixture is much harder to ignite than Petrol / Air mixtrure. The voltages generated in items such as HT leads are consequently up to twice as high ( one would expect to see spark voltages of 10-15Kv's on petrol, whereas on LPG they can reach 25 -30Kv's). Higher spark voltages are much more likely to break down the insulation of any component, causing 'tracking', misfiring etc. which often results in backfiring. Thus, faults that are NOT evident when running on Petrol can show up on LPG with quite serious effect.

clio sport 172
its had a miss fire befroe ive got it running on lpg , just got hold of some new NGK spark plugs and got to do them and a oil change and see if that helps

RB 182 cup
if you run it n lpg you will find it will knacker the cat due to running higher emissions.

normally it will just melt the cat and block the exhaust which may be the cause of your problems.

as for the mot, now i am i tester, the car should be tester as a lpg car not a petrol as the emission limit is soo much higher for a lgp car. off the top of my head i think its 3.5% not 0.3% like normal cars and i can say that it should pass no problems

hope this helps

clio sport 172
yer it dose but the lpg has niot been cirtifacated or listed yet to the car so trying to to get it put throught on LPG and get put throught on FUEL , was hopeing to do plugs and oil change to day but did not get tiem thats tomoorws job lol on ethe count down and fast

clio sport 172
plugs now chnaged to pfr6e-10 NGK 's still has a miss when comes off choke , dose not sound like mising on choke when first start up, what should i replace next

1 - coil pack
2 - HT Leads
3- Down Stream Lambor

oh old pugs were a brown light/dark on P1 and P2 , and P3 but P4 was looking a bt more black (i thats helps for opinions)

clio sport 172
lpg will have a lower emition or is not as well tested then petrol , but that dont matter at min trying to get a pass on petrol and , dono what to try next as it pritty much is not out of mot , so what should i try , i hpeing it not the cat

Megane Coupe VVT
Yeah, LPG can have up to 80% lower emissions than petrol but normally around 40-50% less.

My family have 2 Range Rovers, Both on Prinns LPG systems and they run alot less emissions than they do on petrol, Hence they are exempt from congestion charges due to less pollution.

ITB'd MK1
Wow wow wow.....Sorry? Did you just claim LPG runs HIGHER emissions?

The by-product emissions of LPG are different to normal unleaded. I used to work next to the LPG conversions development department at millbrook, and one of their biggest battles was keeping catalyst from melting or breaking down from contamination.

I still say that fixing the misfire will give dramatically better results. New coil, new leads, new lambda sensor,

ITB'd MK1
Wow wow wow.....Sorry? Did you just claim LPG runs HIGHER emissions?

The by-product emissions of LPG are different to normal unleaded. I used to work next to the LPG conversions development department at millbrook, and one of their biggest battles was keeping catalyst from melting or breaking down from contamination.

I still say that fixing the misfire will give dramatically better results. New coil, new leads, new lambda sensor,

clio sport 172
Now changed. Ht leads and new coil pack. Car is still miss fire ing. And poping on idea. All so pop ing and miss fireing when held at 3k rpm, any idea what could be. , going to do a compression test tomorrow , and may be check the timebelt has not slipped a tooth and is timedd right . Any ideas. Be help full