ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT wrong mileage

Iceberg 172
Got my MOT today, but just noticed that they've put the mileage down as 62xxx instead of 42xxx!

Does this matter - do they enter this mileage onto the central computer system these days, and if so is this likely to cause me any problems in the future? :S

350Z GT
Its entered onto a computer which people can view online, handy to check records when buying a car to check the Mileage is in order. So if it jumps to 62,000 then back to around 55,000 or whatever it will be when its next MOT'd will make people think its been tampered with.

All the details are on the back off the certificate on how to get it changed through VOSA.
If it was within 7 days the garage that did it maybe able to change it on the system and reprint a certificate.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
we had a car which was clearly a mondeo but its, reg and vin were registered on vosa a s a fiesta, and apprenly had been for 3 years. we check the DVLA and the ford ETIS system and it was definetly a mondeo the chassis number was relating to. It took 3 weeks to sort out. but if there is a discrepancy it needs to be reported asap.

RB 182 cup
yeh you can change it on the mot computer shouldnt be a problem just take it back and explain

vers le haut doigt milieu
yep worst thing that will happen is ur insurance will find out that you have doen more then the allocated miles you have paid for and it will be classed as void.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
yep worst thing that will happen is ur insurance will find out that you have doen more then the allocated miles you have paid for and it will be classed as void.
Very much doubt that!
Get it changed asap, I'd walk away from a purchase if the mieage on the mot didn't match.

Iceberg 172

Only on a limited mileage policy surely?

I rang them up yesterday and he said to bring it straight down and he would amend it - he insisted that it should definitely be corrected - so I nipped down, he rechecked the mileage and printed out a new certificate. Simple. And he was very apologetic for causing me an extra journey even though it was only 5mins from work.

And I got to have a nosey around a shiny MkII Cortina of his that he keeps there, and he said mine was a particularly nice example of an RS Clio. So an all-round nice guy! :)

vers le haut doigt milieu
If you said you will do no more then 10k a year and your goverment registered document says u done more I dont think they will believe you.

Iceberg 172
I rang them up yesterday and he said to bring it straight down and he would amend it - he insisted that it should definitely be corrected - so I nipped down, he rechecked the mileage and printed out a new certificate. Simple. And he was very apologetic for causing me an extra journey even though it was only 5mins from work.

And I got to have a nosey around a shiny MkII Cortina of his that he keeps there, and he said mine was a particularly nice example of an RS Clio. So an all-round nice guy! :)

:lolup: