ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT

Not sure if this is entirely correct thread. Cars MOT is due on the 182. It needs a new centre section for the exhaust as it's blowing, new wheel bearings, a new indicator switch and I think he said play in front arm on the wheel or something like, not too clued up on cars.

My mates doing it and it's going to cost me £550. Is this a bit steep. I think he said the exhaust section is £90 so I'm beginning to wonder where the rest of the charge is? He said if he can manage to weld the exhaust he will which would save a bit but it's still £460 and I know an indicator switch is nothing. So bearings and play in front arm (if anyone knows what he might of said, positive he mentioned something about a front arm. )

I aren't too sure he didn't say, but my car does randomly just sort of lose it's line that is been drove and tends to sort of swerve to one side slightly then straighten back up so guessing the front ones.

Flamer, x2 19s
your wheel bearings would have to be royally fooked and humming like a walrus to cause road handling issues like your having, more likely play in bottom ball joint, track rod end or coxial joint

Clio 172 phase 1
Failed on a wobbly indicator stalk ? That's a new one as long as all the indicators and lights work as per the stalk that's all that matters mine passed mot with a duct taped on gear knob ..... Don't ask about that long story

Failed on a wobbly indicator stalk ? That's a new one as long as all the indicators and lights work as per the stalk that's all that matters mine passed mot with a duct taped on gear knob ..... Don't ask about that long story

Where have you got wobbly indicator stalk from?

Clio 172 phase 1
New indicator switch.... wich is a coloum switch rite? ... well surely it works as in your not driving a car that doesnt hve indicators?

Clio 172 phase 1
Either way exhaust centre is like £50 from ecp if not less... rear wheel bearings inc discs are like £85 in pagid ... and front bearings are like 40 each or only around 60 from renault i think .... 550 is too much and even if you need a new indicator stalk any one off a scrap clio ... £20-30 mabye....

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Get a quote from a garage and see how the prices stack up. Remember his time isn't free, I know he's a mate but he's got to make something out of it too.