ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Moved from clios to the R53 mini cooper s

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
well after owning clios in all power groups i bit a wall of bordem i fell out of love over night. So the hunt was on what next the wife wanted a 5 door bigger car as we have 2 kids i wasnt so sure. After selling the RS2 inlet it was settled the clio would die and i narrowed the search down to a civic type R or a mini cooper s. The more i looked the more i wanted a mini so went to look at one local and money transfered i owned the cooper s. Safe to say im happy with the drive feels great it does have the 17% pulley mod and airtec intercooler to keep the heat down a little. Already been advised needs stripes removing and spot lights but it really needs a clean.

things will be slow i think on this one unless the right parts turn up at the right price

anyway afew pics

4a899409a452eaa9220678d1299c8c58.jpg
171b1a26a74cc14b5f517bac11693a46.jpg
32bc5ca5334043ae8c9d431653b5dce6.jpg
cb36ac614da06977b7815bcfea34f012.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Will keep an eye on this as I have a real hankering for one!

As Dave says, seats are horrific tho

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice one. Went in a supercharged one years ago and was quite surprised how quick it felt. Those seats are horrendous though!
i like them lol why are they horrendous infact it was one of the reasons i bought this one because the leather

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Will keep an eye on this as I have a real hankering for one!

As Dave says, seats are horrific tho
can see a patten here lol no worries each to there own n all that. the build quality is miles above the clio and with the mods this has it feels faster but that probs just the epic supercharger whine

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
It's just the blue bits that offend my eyes mate. Running 200+ with the 17% pulley?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
It's just the blue bits that offend my eyes mate. Running 200+ with the 17% pulley?
yeh ive not put on rollers but based in others it should be at 200hp im looking at the next things i could do to help water meth and a map i think as im not after the power but want it safe and with the intetcooler being on the top heat soak is a b**ch

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
yeh ive not put on rollers but based in others it should be at 200hp im looking at the next things i could do to help water meth and a map i think as im not after the power but want it safe and with the intetcooler being on the top heat soak is a b**ch
What do they go like at that power compared to a 1*2?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
That interior is horriffic. Blue carpets and blue seats??
I'm blue dabba dee dab a da....

Cool car though. I really like them. In grey. With a grey interior.
Well, that's that song stuck in my head all night. Cheers. t**t x

Sparco ones are nice if you can find them for a decent price. Mine had them and I had a load of poeple always asking to buy them off me so im sure they are in big demand though
20170518-DSC_1481_zps6blrltkh.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Love it Dave. Even like the interior. I've got a real hankering for one but the cooper we had ended up a nightmare with one thing or another and the fact it's only 4 seats.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Looks good, I don't know how people live with white wheels though.

What does your missus think to it? Plenty of room for the kids?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks good, I don't know how people live with white wheels though.

What does your missus think to it? Plenty of room for the kids?
the wife seems to like it more than the clio anyway so thats a winner. the kids love it as its all blue n funky like the room is fine not sure you could go 4 adults on a long drive tho.

yeh white wheels are going to be fun gotta keep them for now tho

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
the wife seems to like it more than the clio anyway so thats a winner. the kids love it as its all blue n funky like the room is fine not sure you could go 4 adults on a long drive tho.

yeh white wheels are going to be fun gotta keep them for now tho
Mrs has no excuses now as those seats look like they're easily wipeable. This was your key reason for those seats, right?