ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ms banning modded 360's !

it seems they have started banning modded 360's already they ban the machine id not the user account so no one can log onto live from the machine

oh well everyone will need to start buying software again :)

SLK 350
Hmm im sure those smart enough can find ways to trick the system by having the checksum read the same as the original drive. Surely there are ways to stop them seeing you're running modified drive firmware?

Hmm im sure those smart enough can find ways to trick the system by having the checksum read the same as the original drive. Surely there are ways to stop them seeing you're running modified drive firmware?

yup there is but ms has found yet another way they thought they would use disk jitter and modded the firmware to by pass it but it seems they are using something else ms arnt stupid

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The whole reason i dont buy one of these consoles is the price of the games.
If they all came out at £20 i would be tempted and probably buy more games as a result.
Theres a hell of a lot of preasure on parents nowadays to keep stumping up the money for this stuff

ian

SLK 350
yup there is but ms has found yet another way they thought they would use disk jitter and modded the firmware to by pass it but it seems they are using something else ms arnt stupid

I'm sure they're not stupid, but neither for that matter are the people who mastermind these exploits/hacks and circumvent the security which prior to the 360's release was deemed "unhackable".

There will be a way around whatever method they're using to detect modded 360's. There is always a way...

yes there is but ms seem to be on the ball this time regarding hacking and security exploits on the 360 and at the moment it still if in effect unhackable all you can do is run backup disks thats it

SLK 350
So ALL you can do is only run pirated software on them, neglecting the need for purchasing genuine games - Well if thats ALL you can do then silly me for thinking it was hacked.

:rolleyes:

I'll check into it today, and see what folk are saying.

TeZ

Non RS : (
has anyone actaully got a link with the relavent info on .. I.E Quots form MS ppl???? Ta

SLK 350
has anyone actaully got a link with the relavent info on .. I.E Quots form MS ppl???? Ta

Microsoft Starts Banning 360s on LIVE - MS Confirms
>> With the amount of posts we see on our forums ... it's clear, Microsoft decided to start banning Xbox360 with modified firmwares today (both Hitachi-LG and Toshiba-Samsung drives).
While it's the same release date as Halo3 beta, it seems that people who didn't download Halo3 also get banned. They probably detect backup discs (and not the modified firmware) when you play 'em online (not confirmed yet).
Even people using the new firmwares with disc-jitter added get banned, so it looks like Microsoft found another way to detect it. However we also see reports of people with modified firmwares that are not banned (yet). Microsoft is known to ban with delay though, so it'll probably take a while before we got a good view on who got banned for what reasons.
Just like on Xbox1 it looks like Microsoft bans the console unique ID (serial), not the LIVE user. Microsoft will not allow anyone to login on LIVE on a banned console.
Many people on the official xbox.com forums also claim they got banned but didn't have a flashed firmware ... we'll have to see how that story develops in the coming hours and days.

MS Games Global Team said:

One of the great things about LIVE and the unified community is that we work hard to create a level playing field for all gamers and have a no tolerance policy towards inappropriate behavior like hacking or cheating. As part of our commitment to our members, we do not allow people that we have detected to have modified their console to connect to LIVE. This is an important part of our efforts to try and maintain a fair gaming environment for the large majority of gamers that play by the rules. This topic is more important than ever given the recent release of the Halo 3 beta. As a result, some consumers that try to login to LIVE who we detect have illegally modified their console will get an error code (Status Code: Z: 8015 - 190D) when trying to connect to the service. These users will not have their account automatically banned from LIVE, but they will no longer be able to access the service from the console they modified.

We have stated in the past that customers can only enjoy access to the Xbox LIVE community through the use of a genuine, unmodified, Xbox console and we will continue to enforce this rule to ensure the integrity of our service, the protection of our partners and the benefits of our users.

cimg0452ir3.jpg

So ALL you can do is only run pirated software on them, neglecting the need for purchasing genuine games - Well if thats ALL you can do then silly me for thinking it was hacked.

no one has managed to hack the 360 its self the security there is still intact its along way off been hacked like the original xbox

SLK 350
Be interesting to see the influx of 360's onto eBay and sale forums now. Frankly I think it's ridiculous that MS has chosen to ban the console identifier as opposed to the individual Live account. People buying second hand consoles are going to have no guarantee that the console hasn't been Live banned previously.

By banning the individual Live accounts they could make revenue from increased subscription sales from users making new Live accounts, and the public wouldn't have to worry about the consequences of buying a second hand console. I guess they see artificially increased console sales as a forward step.

McBunny, I was never disputing that, and I understand entirely as I am/was part of the XBS scene with the Xbox1. However it was hacked, period. I still can't see why MS won't allow users to install XBMC and the like though, or rather to release their own XBMC clone. It was the sole purpose I bought an Xbox in the first place, and it opens a whole lot of versatility to an otherwise limited piece of hardware.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3

no one has managed to hack the 360 its self the security there is still intact its along way off been hacked like the original xbox

Eh? its been blitzed right open, what bit do you mean?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Not true, they found a way to hack one of the earlier kernels so you can inject your own code.. its just that most people had updated so it was no longer usefull ;)

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Mine is modded i couldnt give a f**k that they will ban my account, mostly play offline anyway and i will still get to play all my "backup" games ;)

So I'll still be sticking two fingers up to microsoft :butt:

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
screw microsoft the big gay bears as above though i spend most of my time playin offline neway use my ps3 for online so kiss my ass microsoft lol.

:dapprove: i wana plllllay vegas:dapprove: :dapprove:

Evo 8 Jap Crap
:D

Unlucky chap, now put yours on eBay like everyone else.

Wont be ebaying mine, been modded for about the last 14 months, only acquired the new pirates of caribbean game which aint even out yet the the other night.

Will be keeping mine for sure, probably put bigger hard drive and stuff in now they've banned online play :approve:

i remember when i first had my playstation and i got some games for christmas.. 5 games came to nearly 250quid! my parents bought me them cos its what i wanted but im sure they were pissed off

if companys made games like 20 quid then no one would bother getting them modified (£30 then £6 for a game) and they would therefore sell more legit copies and everyones a winner..

SLK 350
Games cost money, as does media/packaging/staffing costs. The days of the bedroom programmer are gone, you can't just knock a game up in a month anymore.

Games are expensive though I agree, but given you could spend £20 on a HD-DVD/BD movie which gives you 1.5hours of enjoyment, a game can offer you a lot more longevity.

That said £50 is a lot to pay.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Cost me £32 to get firmware flashed and costs me f**k all for games except price of a dual layer DVD :approve:

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
I can get 5 games for 11quid, its radiculous 50quid for some new games we aint rich microsoft.

Games cost money, as does media/packaging/staffing costs. The days of the bedroom programmer are gone, you can't just knock a game up in a month anymore.

Games are expensive though I agree, but given you could spend £20 on a HD-DVD/BD movie which gives you 1.5hours of enjoyment, a game can offer you a lot more longevity.

That said £50 is a lot to pay.

oblivion £17 136 hours of game play bargain

Fiesta ST
If you can't afford to buy the proper games then you shouldn't have bought a 360 - I can't afford a Aston Martin DB9 - shall I just steal one?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
If you can't afford to buy the proper games then you shouldn't have bought a 360 - I can't afford a Aston Martin DB9 - shall I just steal one?

Lol.

Bet you've never brought a copied DVD or cd either have you :lolup: